Netflix Recommendation list

Discuss movies and television series here.

Netflix Recommendation list

Postby NinjaCow » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Hey Gunslingers,

Welcome to the Netflix recommend a movie or series thread. Here is how it works.
Please use the following format:

Title: (Sample)
Genre: (Action, Comedy, Romance, Horror, ect.)
Movie or Series: (Sample)

Synopsis: The 100, is a Netflix orginal Sci-fi series. Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

(Your thoughts/ rating.) 4 out of 5 Stars, Wonderful series, reminicent of The Walking Dead or Lord of the Flies. Great dialog, and a good balance of quality make up and computer generated effects. Don't delay, grab some microwave popcorn and tell a friend this series will keep you interested from start to finish.
NinjaCow
Cowboy

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Netflix Recommendation list

Postby Wutsittou » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:35 am

TItle: Hell on Wheels
Genre: Action
Series

Synopsis: Takes place after the civil war when the Transcontinental railroad was being built. It is based very loosely on some actual historical characters/events. The first season is about a civil war veteran who ends up joining the railroad in search of revenge for those who murdered his family. IMDB INFO

I'd rate 4/5. Its very cool to see an imagination of that time period when the Transcontinental railroad was being built and some of the trials the workers might have gone through at that time. If you have even a hint of interest in western type shows, you'll love this this one.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4
View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby coolhandlewke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:02 am

we've watched this show since the beginning. they just started the final 6 episodes of the series. cullen bohannon is a bad ass.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby androsity13 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 am

Daredevil is my favorite show on Netflix. Season 1 was great but season 2 was hands down AMAZING!!!! Definitely must watch if you're into that genre.
androsity13
WANTED

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Wutsittou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:15 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:cullen bohannon is a bad ass.

Damn near indestructible! I'm midways on the last season. It's been good all the way through.

How about the Swede though? Never hated a character so much lol. He is such a good actor in that show.

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby coolhandlewke » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 pm

the swede is such an ass. what he did to blondie in season 1 just pissed me off.
I forgot about daredevil. i'll have to start on season 2 this week.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby Wutsittou » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 am

I've also been watching The Americans. It takes place during the Cold War with two KGB operatives posing as an American family with unsuspecting kids. Their neighbor is an FBI agent who works in counterintelligence LOL. The show is actually produced by a former CIA agent who uses some of his real life experiences as stories in the writing.

It's kind of interesting how they make the viewer side with the two KGB operatives despite them being Russian spies!

Edit: Realized this is only on Amazon Prime...nevertheless good show!

View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

Postby coolhandlewke » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:26 am

we've been watching this one too since its release. great show. the 2 main characters are married in real life.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby Misfit-N7 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Just finished watching Ascension from SyFy. Pretty cool premise. Send 600 people into space to colonize Proxima Centauri just in case we decide to blow ourselves up here. I had a longer post in the format recommended but Tapatalk for some reason didn't want to post it and after fighting with it for about 30 minutes this is the best I could muster. Plus it's a mini series, so it's not a huge commitment.
Misfit-N7
Snake Oil Salesman

Main Platform: PS4

Postby NinjaCow » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Title: The Drop (2014)
Genre: Crime Thriller
Type: Movie

Starring: Tom Hardy, James Gandolfini, Noomi Rapace.

Bob Saginowski (Tom Hardy) finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood's past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living - no matter the cost.

Comments: Worthy movie of the Crime Thriller genre, Excellent performance by Tom Hardy, Noomi Rapace and James Gandolfini.

4 1/2 of 5 Stars * * * * *
NinjaCow
Cowboy

Next

Return to Film/Television