The South Park Thread

Discuss movies and television series here.

The South Park Thread

Postby McMurphy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:49 pm

If any of you have noticed in the Chat Lobby, Balki and I are big South Park fans. This week marked the fourth new episode in South Park's newest season. What are the rest of you thinking of it? What are your general thoughts on South Park?

Personally, I thought the new season started out a little shaky, but I have noticed a trend with their seasons. If it starts shaky, the episodes get better and better as it progresses. If the season starts out with a heavy hitter (i.e.: Cartman tricking a kid in eating his own parents), it tends to close with more of a whimper. I may be way off on that assertion though.

Either way, I can't believe I have been an avid fan of the series for a decade now. It doesn't even seem real that South Park has been around that long!

You can watch all the newest episodes from this season (Season 14) at their official website...they usually have them uploaded to watch the same night episodes are aired on Comedy Central (every Wednesday): http://www.southparkstudios.com/

I got to say, the Facebook episode is my favorite so far. :lol:

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: The South Park Thread

Postby Balki » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:18 am

:D I've been meaning to make a south park thread ever since bobafetts Star Wars Thread.

South Parks start was great timing for me at 17/18 years old, just finishing school. I didn't even pay too much attention to it at first when everyone was banging on about it. I became a huge fan after seeing the Movie in 1999, still one of my fav things in the world that movie is! - anytime there's music in south park i just love it.

One of my fav era's is se 5 - 6, when in the last episode Kenny actually dies, and then for the first half of season 6 Butters is the new 4th kid, then the second half, Tweek was. :lol:

To name a few fav episodes - the obvious ones first - Make love not warcraft, Fun with weapons (the anime one), Towlie, the one with Towlie and Oprah!, Succubus, the one from se7 about catholic preists and spewing poo out your mouth, Medicinal Fried Chicken, simpsons did it, 2 men naked in a hottub, Nambla, the one about Satan's Birthday party at the airport hilton, the one about cartman freezing himself cause he can't wait for the wii, n more n more.

I'm always All South Park for the 14 weeks of the year south park is airing, they use to do 3 sets of 17 episodes, these days they do 2 sets of 14 episodes. I'm a total nerd and have listened to all matt and trey's commentary tracks, on all their other stuff outside south park too. :ugeek:

I love the movie Baseketball, but matt n trey make out they hate it, they always pay it out when they can, they signed up to act in that movie before south park was successfull, they were sure south park wouldn't get picked up. Alot of people think matt n trey wrote and directed baseketball, but they just acted in it.

People might say to me,"Oh you only don't like Family Guy cause of that South Park episode," NO, I didn't like Family Guy before that episode, I related alot to Cartmans complaints, and it helped me understand more Why i don't like it. :P

Follow your dreams, you can reach your goals, I am living proof, Beefcake, BEEFCAKE!!!!

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby roninsedge » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:40 pm

My all time favorites are Spooky Fish (Can't beat spooky vision and Evil Cartman's best friend song), Cripple Fight (nuff said), Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers (That's it guys I'm out), Fun with Weapons (Oh my God someone threw a ninja star at this poor doggie) and the entire Imaginationland story. Any episode that includes the Christmas Critters, Towlie or Mr. Hankie are great. I could go on for days listing favorite episodes, but I guess you guys are on the same page with me.
The Gunslingers: Where gamers who are mature enough to handle standard weapon selections come to play.
roninsedge
Trail Guide

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby McMurphy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am

The second half of Season 14 starts next week (Oct 6th, 2010). Anyone interested in watching it? There are plenty of rumors that this may, indeed, be the final run of the franchise, so I hope it ends strong.

The last new episode, "Crippled Summer," was pretty weak, which is a shame consider Season 14 has already put out some classics like "You Have 0 Friends" and the now infamous and heavily censored two-part celebration of "Episode:200" and "Episode: 201."

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Postby Dick Lazer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 am

im an awful parent. my kids never miss an episode. haha. id have to say the trilogy about imaginationland / leprauchan. is my fav to date. scott eating his parents was good too. and cant forget the cheesing episode. hahahaha. cause its "fon to do" :lol: love the "heavy metal" referance.
xbl gt=RichardLazer~~~~~ psn=DLckLazer
Dick Lazer
Bootlegger

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Balki » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:55 pm

The latest episode i thought was best of this run so far (COON 2 : Hindsight). I thought Capt. Hindsight was funny, but it Did feel like (or they got the idea from) an episode of Who's line is it anyway? (you know the super hero game they play).

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

Postby SHARKEM » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am

nowt wrong with a bit of south park. i would have to go with medicinal fried chicken from s14 but they all good to me.
btw your a towel
SHARKEM
Green Horn

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Cope » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 am

I am gonna have to go with the World of Warcraft episode here. When the big computer nerd takes over the server, and the gang sets on a quest to take over his throne is hilarious! I especially like how they turn into big fat slobs to achieve there goal! Classic!
Cope
Undertaker

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Balki » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Matt and Trey were on Letterman the other night talking about their new musical. They also talked about the academy awards years ago.

Here's part of the interview with add -

Here's the full interview -

Wednesday, April 27 - South Park Season 15 begins. Episode 1507 will be on June 8.

Thanks - http://www.spscriptorium.com/

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

Postby Balki » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:11 am

GREAT news!! South Park will be with us atleast upto 2013!!! :D :D :D

Thankyou - http://www.spscriptorium.com/

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

Next

Return to Film/Television