Game of Thrones discussion thread (WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE)

Discuss movies and television series here.

Re: Game of Thrones discussion thread (WARNING SPOILERS INSI

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:36 pm

OMG I can't wait. Finished the entire series in a little over a month back in April. Gotta get my dragon fix on! Finally, after waiting so patiently, I might see some Lanisters get eaten by dragons!!!

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby coolhandlewke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:17 pm

my wife and i are pretty thrilled for the return as well. as a bonus it gets me to knock the dust off my wallet and sign up for hbo, so i can get caught up on all their other shows too. cersai will not go quietly, but she will go down this season. the only question is who will get to do the deed, and who will deal with her personal body guard? my money is on aria for her, and the hound to deal with his brothers walking corpse.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby coolhandlewke » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:42 pm

no comments on the premiere? i loved it, but i always love this show. more of a set up show, presenting to us the characters who will drive us home. arya stole the show, before the opening even ran. sams scenes were gross, and his little dragon glass pirate map was lame. brans return to the wall (and parts south) was long overdue. i'm hoping he returns to winterfell, and tells jon (and everyone)the truth about his lineage. dany's return to dragonstone was low key, but still powerful scenes. we'll have alot more action next sunday i'd say.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby turk mcgurk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:21 am

Yes I was quite pleased. The Sam scenes were too long but other than that it was 1 hit after the next. Cercei needs Euron to come through to have any chance at all. Still waiting for a possible Jamie/Brienne reunion. Arya full beast mode, Bran what a relief to see him and Meera get out of the cold. Meera is all like, really you guys cant pick him up for me? Dany's homecoming was sweet, too bad Missande/Grey Worm scenes are on the horizion. Sandor & the BWB should be a good storyline this season. And you know Jon has 99 problems and bitches are quite a few of em.

Cant wait till Sunday!!
Ben in real life, turk mcgurk on XBOX1

I'm currently playing Gears of War 4
View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 5

Postby coolhandlewke » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:29 pm

i love any scene sandor is in. his dialogue is great. he will be heading to eastwatch, same as jon. jon and sansa have quite a shock coming. your brother and sister, thought long dead, are alive and well. oh, and bye the way jon, you're their cousin instead of their bastard brother. i still feel that sandor has another encounter with the mountain coming.
my 1st thought was that euron intended his gift to be tyrion's head, but a dragon makes much more sense. euron and cersai are destined to go down hard. my only question from that is will jamie go with his sis, or does his fate lay elsewhere? i'd like to see him redeem himself before he meets his maker.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby turk mcgurk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Or a dragonhorn??

turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Postby turk mcgurk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 am

OK, i am still full of adrenaline after last nights episode. A simple question, was this the best episode of GoT ever???

My opinion right now, subject to change, is yea it was.

The politics of GoT are back with a vengeance, and I loved it. Varys, Mellisandre both meeting Dany fucking awesome. You picked a good day to show up, as we are forgiving those who served other Kings... Loved it. Love Dany being Boss and not flippy floppy whiny BS. The one line I hated was about the prince who was promised. Well you know, it could be a princess.... FUCK OFF... we dont need the stupid explanation let the scenes do the talking. OK minor compliant. We had Targaryan, Tyrell, Lannister, Greyjoy, and Martell (sand) in the same room!!!! Amazing!!!

Then we get Cercei calling lords in, and I enjoyed the Jamie/Tarly conversation.

Arya, OMG, both scenes hit me right in the feels. I was kinda unhappy that we needed a Hot Pie scene until he revealed the situation in the North. North or South arya, your choice. I was sure she was going south. The the Nymeria scene. I literally cried, Im not ashamed! The book implications there hit so hard. The Direwolf was HUGE, then she turned away. So many feels!!!! And OF COURSE Jon is leaving Winterfell. OF COURSE.

I enjoyed the northern politics as well, They all sure like to just stand up and voice their opinion. But we havent seen too many Northern politics scenes. They kinda treated Robb the same way. Poor Jon, always torn, always at least 99 problems.

Euron, HOLY FUCKSTICKS!!! He has to be considered the baddest motherfucker in Westeros right now. Took down 2 sandsnakes YASSSSSSS and Yara. What a great villain he is going to be.

San scenes were better than usual, Jorah surgery was gross AF.

SO MUCH STUFF cant wait to rewatch.

Now, as I predicted, a horrible, terrible, stupid fucking Missande Grey worm scene. Right smack dab in the middle of all the good stuff. HE HAS NO DICK!!! Their little love story has NOTHING to do with whats going on!!!! I think Missande is super hot, but her nudity was nowhere near worth sitting through that scene. HE HAS NO DICK!!!!

Worst scene since the Jamie Cercei semi-rape deal. UGH.

But yeah overall simply amazing. So much action & story progression. Need more Bran, next week im sure. And will next week end with the Jon Dany meeting!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Postby coolhandlewke » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:04 pm

did my 2nd viewing last night. i of course loved it, but i'm not sure about GOAT. the sticking point is the naval battle, which obviously was the best scene. i find it dubious that yara, a legendary greyjoy captain, had her fleet snuck up on in the middle of the night by her nuncle. considering they knew he was hunting for them they would go up and above to protect against being taken that way. too bad only dany can fly a dragon so far. a dragon on overwatch would seem to be the best way to move a fleet around. quite an entrance by euron though. theon morphed back into reek in the end, but it was the only thing he could do. i also can't believe euron would have left the area without trying harder to find him.
the jaime/tarley conversation was good dialogue. he might be tempted by being warden of the south, but does he believe the lannisters can win? i still can't believe he didn't go after his sword.
arya's return to the north was touching for me as well. she is going to miss jon, but sansa (and hopefully bran) will do just fine. i am really looking forward to jon's meeting with aunt dany. she expects him to bend the knee, but i think she will recognize that he is more than a subject.
sams surgery was disgusting. almost as disgusting as dry humping a ken doll. she is pretty hot though, just the same.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby coolhandlewke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm

alright, now this week was the GOAT. every single scene was impactful and well written/directed. jons visit to dragonstone started us off on the right foot. spider looked like mel walked on his grave when she implied she knew the time and place of his death. too bad sam didn't tell jorah of his experiences north of the wall. jorah could lend some credibility to the story when he shows up next week. "are you trying to present your own statements as ancient wisdom?" hilarious. you've been called on your bs tyrion. not that she needs any excuse to bag on him. he's just cost them the entire fleet. you're no war time consigliere tyrion. i think he'll be even happier than dany to have jorah back.
brans return home was heartwarming, but quickly freaked sansa the f@*# out. who wouldn't be, to discover someones been watching you and taking notes during your most humiliating and painful moments in life?
i don't mind cersai's handling of the sand's girls. what they did to marcella was uncalled for. you make your choices and live with the consequenses, something cersai will have to come to grips with very soon. she will live to see her great house all but extinguished, and her imp brother will end up on casterly rock.
not sure what happened in highgarden. was their army there, or off somewhere else preparing to siege kings landing? if they were home it was a feeble defense. the queen of thorns went out with a bang. she made sure to knock down that poison 1st though, as cersai's dungeon is getting a little crowded. i don't think cersai will ever believe her brother was not responsible for joffreys death.
once again, can't wait for sunday!
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby turk mcgurk » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am

20 full minutes of Jon & dany. Amazing. I think they handled it pretty perfectly, neither was going to put blind faith in the other. Good thing tyrion was there to moderate.

Yes cercei's handling of the last of the dornish beeeyotches was sweet. Fair retribution for sure. Cercei and Jamie are rocking it in the tactics department. Loved Jamies comment about taking a page from Robbs plans. Yes from how I saw it the Highgarden army is on their way to kings landing, leaving it pretty much undefended. The question is, are the dorninsh and highgarden armies still gonna seige KL, and who is defensing it if the Lannister army is in Highgarden. Hope D & D dont get sloppy there. Hope the speed travel keeps up in some ways, Jon needs to get home to Bran then take him back to Dragonstone so everybody gets on the same page ASAP.

No BS scenes this week, everything mattered and was progression.

I believe Arya is headed south now. Sansa is gonna have to make a decision on how long she's gonna let LF hang around. Bran: hey sansa you know LF knew exactly what Ramsey was gonna do to you. That ought make the decision real easy.

I finally got to rewatch the 1st 2 before this episode. What a great 1st half of the season!!! Agreed cannot wait for sunday!!

View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Film/Television