Login with a social network:

Faction Rally

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Faction Rally

Postby Brulaffe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Well that sucked... did the grind, got my 30 packages and I did not complete the armor set. Anyone have any luck? Is the Dead orbit scout worth them 50k glimmer?
Brulaffe
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Faction Rally

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Not worth the 50k glimmer, not even sure it is worth 1,000. Think there are much better scouts out there or comparable if you like the High-impact frame types (slow firing/high damage), but if you have nothing else to spend the money on then go for it. I picked it up for 1k, tried it, wasn't impressed so went right back to Nameless Midnight.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby Brulaffe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:38 pm

I go the Call to serve and the new monarchy scouts that are pretty good... grinding to get the Nameless Midnight. Did you complete the armor set?
Brulaffe
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Don't recall if I got a full set, but I haven't focused on armor, just put on the piece with the highest power level or infuse into my current piece. Since the perks are all gone, I gave up on worrying about anything else, haven't even applied a single shader yet.

The call to serve is great with triple tap, especially against bosses. The nameless midnight and origin story are both free from Zavala when you complete the story or initial strikes, so after getting two toons through that you should have both. Think I did get another nameless Midnight from Zavala from turning in tokens last night, so they do drop.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby klensley » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:10 pm

The faction rally was rigged! Waste of time. They only counted packages. Should have saved Dead Orbit turn ins for this week. Meh....
Xbox Live Gamertag klensley

View my Games
klensley
Cattle Rustler

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 6
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Rikakiah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:08 am

I LOVE the DO scout. The reload trait isn't what I'd call ideal, but it is lightning fast when you're crouched. The additional ammo is good, though. It doesn't have any scope option (2 CQB sights), which is a little odd, but I've found it still works well. It also looks good and sounds amazing. I like the high impact scouts, though. The other one (forget the name right now) with zen moment is much worse because that's a useless trait on a 150 rpm gun. The New Monarchy one is nice, too, but I think they fill different roles. The NM has probably the highest range I've ever seen and is great as a stand-off weapon. It's trait is even more situational, though, with the "cocoon" perk.

Call to Serve is perhaps marginally better (triple tap is good, sure, but it's not what it was in D1) and has the same sound (but not the suppressor look). The 180 rpm scouts feel a little smoother, but I recall reading that they're actually a little slower TTK, assuming mostly headshots.

Nameless Midnight is perhaps technically a better, more versatile scout, but I prefer bigger crit numbers and Nameless looks dumb. If I use a higher rpm scout, I'll stick to MIDA.

As to sets, I probably got full DO, but it was ugly, so dismantled all but a couple cloaks. For New Monarchy, I got everything but the helmet. However, it's just an Errant Knight, so I shaded one of those (although, I think I saw a streamer with it and it had recovery on it instead of full mobility)...
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby PrivatePixel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I guess I lucked out with the faction gear sets, as I was able to amass complete sets for each class and faction: Hunter/FWC, Warlock/NM and Titan/DO. DO was the easiest (completed with only 120 tokens); toughest was NM (needed 500+ to land the final gear piece, which were gloves). FWC fell somewhere down the middle (I think I got to level 22 or 23 before my gear set was complete). On the plus side, I do have a nice stack of NM shaders. :D I threw the DO scout rifle prize in the Vault.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Postby PrivatePixel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Bungie has revealed a breakdown of the results (somewhat) in one of their announcements yesterday:
What we know for certain is that Arach Jalaal is the champion of this first Faction Rally. His victory was not undisputed. Each faction put some respectable points on the board. Once the 61 Million reward packages were counted, Dead Orbit emerged the most profitable faction by a margin of more than 2 Million. New Monarchy was a close second. Future War Cult was an even closer third.

Even though I had representation in all 3 factions (to cover my bases for the prize, as well as having shaders from all 3), I'm disappointed that DO was the victor. Don't get me wrong: I love the monochromatic colour scheme, and it had (in my opinion) the best-looking gear for my Titan (which isn't saying much), but FWC had my support because they had the best weapons of the bunch. I get it: shaders make things look pretty, but they don't make kills any faster / more efficient. Losing for superficial reasons is just hard to stomach. :|
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

Season 2 concept art shown

Postby PrivatePixel » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Bungie showed some concept art for season 2 of Faction Rally during TwitchCon. To preview the concept art (not yet finalized), check the links below:

Faction Rally Season 2 rifles

Faction Rally Season 2 Dead Orbit gear

Faction Rally Season 2 Future War Cult gear

Faction Rally Season 2 New Monarchy gear

As much as I like FWC for their armament, I've gotta have those New Monarchy outfits and shader for my Warlock and Hunter; still undecided on which faction I should place my Titan (the FWC gear isn't appealing, but I'm sure the weapons will more than make up for this).
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

Postby PrivatePixel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Yesterday's hotfix brought some changes to the next Faction Rally (and not for the better, IMO):

• Strikes now reward Faction Tokens at a range of 5 to 9 Faction Tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
• Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 Faction Tokens on first completion per character
• Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 Faction Tokens (down from 8)
• Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards Faction Tokens :(
• Opening Lost Sector chests now rewards 3 Faction Tokens for each fireteam member
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

TagsHotfix 1.0.6 - Faction Rally changes

Next

Return to Destiny 2