Login with a social network:

RIP Thunderlord, zombie apocalypse, quilliuns terminus....

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: RIP Thunderlord, zombie apocalypse, quilliuns terminus..

Postby Rikakiah » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 am

I miss the LMGs, too. Sweet Business is NOT up to par, in my opinion (way too "spray-y"), but it does give me hope that there will be more of that type in the future for the regular slots. There are also a few auto rifles that feel like the low mag LMGs of D1, too.

I will never get into swords, but I was never a fan of rockets in D1 and now I'm giving them more of a chance. Linear fusions are my preferred heavy this round, and I like keeping a shotgun on hand, too. I doubt any of it will matter in Crucible, however, as with the ammo change, I'll probably never worry about it. With only 1 person getting it, I prefer to let someone who cares more about heavy (and is hopefully more proficient with it) grab it while I defend the area so they can grab it (or MIDA the enemy that just grabbed theirs, which always gives me a schoolgirl giggle).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Tom9Tom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

My biggest problem with swords is I hate 3rd person with a passion, especially in melee range. I do sometimes run Quickfang on my Hunter in the crucible but the Power slot tends to be an afterthought in PvP. I'm more inclined to pick-up power ammo to deny the enemy than out of any real expectation of using it (unless I'm using my Warlock with the Wardcliff Coil).

Sweet Business is fun to shoot and it can melt large, slow-moving, yellow bars, but I find I don't really care for it as a general use weapon. I've got it on my Titan for fun on Io or Nessus but it's not my 'go-to' loadout. I keep running out of Energy slot ammo for some reason...

It can be vicious in crucible if you know how to use it as I've been discovering the hard way since they're all over with Xur selling it this week.

The Man O War linear fusion rifle is one of my favorite Power weapons but I'm only using it on my Warlock. My general go-to in the Power slot tends to be either a Play of the Game or Berenger's Memory grenade launcher.
Tom9Tom
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby PrivatePixel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm

Tom9Tom wrote:My biggest problem with swords is I hate 3rd person with a passion, especially in melee range. I do sometimes run Quickfang on my Hunter in the crucible but the Power slot tends to be an afterthought in PvP. I'm more inclined to pick-up power ammo to deny the enemy than out of any real expectation of using it (unless I'm using my Warlock with the Wardcliff Coil).

I don't do much PvP, only because I never seem to have access to power ammo when I need it, and I swear every second death seems to come from a power weapon of some type. That said, I love melee kills on all three classes, and swords are that sweet spot for me with yellow and orange bar NPCs. I love Rocket Launchers (especially Sins Of The Past), but I've done myself in too many times when up-close. :lol:

The Man O War linear fusion rifle is one of my favorite Power weapons but I'm only using it on my Warlock. My general go-to in the Power slot tends to be either a Play of the Game or Berenger's Memory grenade launcher.

I picked up the Man-O-War yesterday; came pretty close to throwing my DualShock through my screen, trying to defeat Ir Arok (I was doubly angry when I beat him the first time, only to have my network connection dropped after he was defeated, so I had to rerun the quest again from the very beginning. :evil: ) Pretty sure I needed anger management classes after that prolonged session (and I'm sure the neighbours kept their distance from me and my house ;) ). I'm not one for linear fusion rifles, but I invested quite a bit of time obtaining it, so I have to make it worthwhile.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Postby Rikakiah » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 am

I prefer the Tarantula to Man-O-War for linear fusions. MoW is probably better for PVP with its faster movement, but Tarantula has faster ADS, hits harder, and much better range. Range and impact are probably the biggest things I look for in LFRs, as I use them pretty much like sniper rifles (oddly, I can't hit anything with snipers, but do ok with LFRs).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Tom9Tom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:52 am

Rikakiah wrote:I prefer the Tarantula to Man-O-War for linear fusions. MoW is probably better for PVP with its faster movement, but Tarantula has faster ADS, hits harder, and much better range. Range and impact are probably the biggest things I look for in LFRs, as I use them pretty much like sniper rifles (oddly, I can't hit anything with snipers, but do ok with LFRs).

I haven't gotten a Tarantula yet. I'll keep an eye out for it. And I don't do well with snipers either. Thing with LFR's is they're more like a cross between a Fusion Rifle and a Scout than an FR and a Sniper. Snipers have waaaaay too much zoom for me unless I'm on the other side of the map and Destiny doesn't like to let you play that way much.
Tom9Tom
Cattle Rustler

Postby Tom9Tom » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:55 am

PrivatePixel wrote:I don't do much PvP, only because I never seem to have access to power ammo when I need it, and I swear every second death seems to come from a power weapon of some type. That said, I love melee kills on all three classes, and swords are that sweet spot for me with yellow and orange bar NPCs. I love Rocket Launchers (especially Sins Of The Past), but I've done myself in too many times when up-close. :lol:

Blowing myself up is the main reason I hate RLs and my biggest, personal, negative with GLs.

Fortunately, GLs handle better for me (and I've blown myself up enough times to watch out for wall better than I used to) but I've still killed myself enough times when an add suddenly jumps in front of me or I misjudge and invulnerable shield dome...
Tom9Tom
Cattle Rustler

Postby PrivatePixel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:42 am

Tom9Tom wrote:Blowing myself up is the main reason I hate RLs and my biggest, personal, negative with GLs.

Fortunately, GLs handle better for me (and I've blown myself up enough times to watch out for wall better than I used to) but I've still killed myself enough times when an add suddenly jumps in front of me or I misjudge and invulnerable shield dome...

These x100, especially during Heroic public events. That said, I can live with the occasional mistake if I can clear a handful (sometimes a couple) of adds in a hurry. I would say that the majority of my suicides have come at the hands of Sins Of The Past. What about the Wardcliff Coil? The blast radius is nowhere near that of Sins, but I have used it up-close for clearing adds and bosses, without wasting myself.

I don't use GLs much, but I do like The Prospector, as you can detonate all of the grenades simultaneously.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Postby Tom9Tom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 am

My 'suicide' problems with the Wardcliff is mostly walls in PvP, mostly when trying to use it while airborne and dropping behind a wall I wasn't paying attention to.

I used the Prospector once, and the full auto is fun if you're in good position, but I'll stick with 'Play of the Game' for the most part. Proximity fuse makes it a good 'point and shoot' gun in most scenarios.
Tom9Tom
Cattle Rustler

Previous

Return to Destiny 2