Login with a social network:

Safety tip when doing Ikora's Meditations

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Safety tip when doing Ikora's Meditations

Postby Mr. Spook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:38 am

So, I ran into an issue two weeks in a row with Ikora's Meditation (D2's weekly version of D1's daily heroic story) missions and got screwed out of rep, and I don't want anyone else to do the same. When you're doing Ikora's missions as a fireteam, everyone in the team needs to pick up the Meditation to get the Vanguard Research Tokens. I discovered the hard way that if you're a fireteam member and you're not carrying the Meditation, not only do you not get the Tokens at the end of the mission, the Meditation vanishes from Ikora's inventory after you've run it, regardless of whether or not you picked it up, and as of now there doesn't seem to be any way to get it back, and there's no way to run the mission again to get the tokens. This becomes less relevant once your power is above 265, but it's still a nasty bug that Bungo will hopefully patch out.
PSN: MrSpook
XBL: Mr Sp00k
Nin: SW-5170-3614-0439
Toynbee idea in movie 2001 resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

I'm currently playing Call of Duty WWII, Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Mr. Spook
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 32
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 6339

Re: Safety tip when doing Ikora's Meditations

Postby Rikakiah » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 am

Those don't seem an efficient way to get rep/items anyway, though. You spend 10-20 minutes on a mission for 1 coin, or I can spend that same time on a planet with chests and events and get 10+.
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 am

Thanks for the info, been running them solo so far, but definitely good to know. Even worse, last night I was working on Cayde's treasure chests with a fellow GSer and we both tried to open the chest at the same time, he got the reward and I got nothing. The chest is now gone, so now I make sure to let them open the chest and wait til they back away before opening mine.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby Rikakiah » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 am

My friend got nothing from them the other day. I had already done them the previous day and didn't even see her chests (as expected).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Mr. Spook » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:30 pm

That's happened to me before. Sometimes stuff falls behind the chest, but sometimes you get nothing.
PSN: MrSpook
XBL: Mr Sp00k
Nin: SW-5170-3614-0439
Toynbee idea in movie 2001 resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

I'm currently playing Call of Duty WWII, Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Mr. Spook
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 32
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 6339

Return to Destiny 2