Login with a social network:

Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:59 am

This week, Xur has planted himself on Nessus. It's fairly straightforward to get to him as he's popped up there before. Simply fast travel to Watcher's Grave and then scoot over to the tree in the north end of the area. You'll spot him lurking at the top of the large tree. Here's what he's got on sale.

Fighting Lion (Grenade Launcher): 29 Legendary Shards
Knucklehead Radar (Hunter Class Helmet): 23 Legendary Shards
Peacekeepers (Leg Armor): 23 Legendary Shards
Wings of Sacred Dawn (Warlock Class Chest Armor): 23 Legendary Shards

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Rikakiah » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:19 am

Xur may be taking Rahool's place as most useless and hated character in Destiny (Tess not withstanding, of course).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 am

With the changes that were made in D2 to accomodate the casual players, where you can get to max level without the raid, IB or Trials, a lot in this game has become useless. I was able to pickup the grenade launcher to add to my exotic collection, even though it sucks, but it was one of the few that I still had not drop for me.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby PrivatePixel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:00 am

Rikakiah wrote:Xur may be taking Rahool's place as most useless and hated character in Destiny (Tess not withstanding, of course).

I still despise Rahool more. ;) I haven't gotten anything decent from Rahool in over a week; at least with Xur, I can spend Legendary Shards on something I may not have, even if it's just to fill out my collection. I didn't realize the value of Knucklehead Radar (which I dismantled a couple weeks back) until I went into the Crucible, so I bought one today. Sure, I could have went into my Collection and picked up a pair for less, but I was already there at Xur, and I'm sitting on a boatload of Shards.

Tess I can't hate because she still gives me ships and vehicles, and a decent bunch of shaders occasionally.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Postby Rikakiah » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 am

I agree on Knucklehead. Although, my MIDA cancels out a lot of it, but this round Knucklehead gives the radar for ALL weapons, which is awesome.

Sure she does. But if you want anything but her scraps (which, admittedly aren't bad occasionally), you have to pay out the nose for a chance at something good. :P
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby PrivatePixel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Rikakiah wrote:Sure she does. But if you want anything but her scraps (which, admittedly aren't bad occasionally), you have to pay out the nose for a chance at something good. :P

I try to avoid microtransactions whenever possible; thankfully, Tess has been somewhat unselfish with her Bright Dust drops (from Bright Engrams). I hope the Optimacy gear set isn't time-limited, as I have enough to complete a set for my Hunter. My only "regret" was not picking up the Chest last week, but then again, it wasn't exactly a bargain at 1200 BD.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

Postby txrocketman » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Sweet business at xur this week. Fun gun and does some work vs Calus, especially behind rally barricade. Fires for days if you've got the ammo to back it up.

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

Games: 2

Postby BlackOp96 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am

txrocketman wrote:Sweet business at xur this week. Fun gun and does some work vs Calus, especially behind rally barricade. Fires for days if you've got the ammo to back it up.

I bought two of them, I have been wanting this gun for a long time.

View my Games
BlackOp96
Cowboy

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 22

Postby PrivatePixel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 pm

txrocketman wrote:Sweet business at xur this week. Fun gun and does some work vs Calus, especially behind rally barricade. Fires for days if you've got the ammo to back it up.

I haven't had as much luck or positive response from this weapon. I don't run raids, so I don't know how effective it is against Calus, and I usually steer clear of it in Crucible matches. I have used it on several occasions in PvE, but it doesn't seem to pack the punch I was hoping for against yellow and orange bar NPCs.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

Postby txrocketman » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 am

It's a bit of a fickle gun. Have to account for the speed spin up and then have the right."stationary" target to use it against. Anything with a teleport or blink makes it harder to use, but you actually can sort of pulse it if you need to stop fire for a brief period and the barrel rpms seem to stay high or at least recover quickly from cold spin up. It really is ideal for calus because your bunched up and he doesn't move, just kind of shifts around on his platform. Couple with a rally barricade for couch reload and that's the sweet spot. In the general wilds of pve I find rally barricades much less useful because.the fights seem to be more dynamic demanding more moving about. I those cases the deep clip is probably it's biggest asset for being able to lay down steady fire for a long time. It's actually not half bad with even scout style during (single trigger pulls vs holding and spraying) vs low health enemies. In PvP I've only used it slightly. It can be fun in that you can put out rounds for a long time and that is sometimes enough to get people off their game. Most PvP encounters though it's hard to get gun fully singing unless you are just spraying bullets off target to get the speed up because free line of site firing windows usually don't last that long

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

Games: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Destiny 2