Login with a social network:

Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 am

Another week, another Xur visit. As for his goods, I am running my main as a Titan so I have the ACD/O Feedback Fence guantlets and they are decent. Also have the Wardcliff Coil which is a pretty good rocket launcher, only issues I have had is from a distance you have to hope that the majority of your rockets hit the target, but it does look cool when you see all the rockets swarming to its target. Guess I will be stocking up on armor for the other classes again.

As we learned last week, Xur now shows up on the map, which makes finding him considerably easier than in the first Destiny. From September 22 to September 26, Xur will be kicking it on Titan, specifically The Rig. Take a look below to see what he's selling.

The Wardcliff Coil (Rocket Launcher) -- 29 Legendary Shards
Foetracer (Hunter Class Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards
ACD/0 Feedback Fence (Gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards
Sunbracers (Warlock Class Gauntlets) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Bungie will conduct a round of Destiny 2 maintenance in the coming week, which means the game will be offline for a period of time. Starting at 6 AM PT / 2 PM BST / 11 PM AEST on September 25, players won't be able to sign in. An hour later that day, everyone who is logged in to Destiny 2 will be kicked off. All told, there will be interruptions for around six hours.

On September 26, Faction Rallies will begin in the game, starting after the weekly reset on Tuesday and run until October 3. For more details on Destiny 2's Faction Rallies and how they work head here.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-where-is-xur-and-what-exotics-is-he-sell/1100-6453525/

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby PrivatePixel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 pm

Picked up the Wardcliff Coil and Foetracer last weekend. Have to say that I'm loving that rocket launcher (great for taking out bosses), but only in open areas.

Now that I learnt about infusing weapons, my biggest regret was not picking up the Merciless from Xur last week. When it was offered for sale last week, it was rated as a level 237 weapon (my Hunter was at level 225 at the time). D'oh! :cry: Now that my Hunter is making some progress, I'm anxious to restart leveling my other 2 builds (my Warlock's at 255, Titan's at 224), so that I can benefit from these weekly sales.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4

Postby PrivatePixel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Turns out that I didn't need to buy a Merciless from Xur after all: one dropped for me last night, and it was rated at 284, IIRC. :D I also got a Nameless Midnight on my second visit. To think I was going to take a break from the game last night.... ;)
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 am

This week, he’s near the Giant’s Scar fast travel point on Io, and there’s a helpful icon on the planet map to show you where he is.

Xur’s inventory this week consists of the following:

Riskrunner, submachine gun: 29 Legendary Shards
Mechaneer's Tricksleeves, Hunter gloves: 23 Legendary Shards
Hallowfire Heart, Titan chest piece: 23 Legendary Shards
Transversive Steps, Warlock boots: 23 Legendary Shards

Each of the items comes at a maximum power level of 270 — a base power of 265, plus a Legendary (purple) mod that raises the value by five. This scales to your player’s power level, so make sure you’re buying Xur exotics on your highest level character.

The Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves are impressively underwhelming as an exotic, and we’d advise hunters to save your shards this week.
The Transversive Steps for Warlock are great in a few encounters in the raid that require quick movement, and can be a good pick in the Countdown Crucible mode to quickly rush a bomb site.
Riskrunner, with its automatic reload and chaining effect, can be a ton of fun in the right situation.

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2017/9/29/16383254/destiny-2-xur-location-and-items-sept-29-oct-3-riskrunner

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby MadMacs77 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am

Transversive steps.... *NOW* HE SELLS THEM?!!!! That doesn't fill that big, empty lot in my Exotics collection in D1, Xur, you dick!
#notsaltyatall
https://www.the100.io/groups/1317/

View my Games
MadMacs77
Cowboy

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 7

Postby Rikakiah » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 am

I got the Tricksleeves as a drop (a couple times). I LOVE sidearms, especially the "Havoc Pigeon" style suppressed semi-autos. However, I agree--the gloves are very underwhelming. Switch and reloads are fast, but not THAT fast. Considering how lackluster sidearms are compared to other options, these gloves should make those operations insanely fast, but they just don't.

Riskrunner on the other hand (got a drop literally the day before Xur arrived), is amazing. Pretty much all Fallen and even a few Cabal shoot arc, so you can have virtually near infinite ammo/up-time in Fallen areas.
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:08 am

What's Xur selling this week and is it worth the shards? This week in Destiny 2 he's on Earth, in the Winding Cove area.

Vigilance Wing (Pulse Rifle) -- 29 Legendary Shards
Foetracer (Hunter Class Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards
An Insurmountable Skullfort (Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards
Nezarec's Sin (Warlock Class Helmet) -- 23 Legendary Shards

This week it's all about Vigilance Wing, a health and speed boosting five-shot pulse rifle that's an excellent choice for the Crucible. Especially if you team it up with Foetracer, a Hunter helmet that'll mark targets and boost damage when health is low. Warlocks get the void boosting Nezarec’s Sin while the Titan helmet, An Insurmountable Skull Fort, is good if you like arc damage and punching. Check out the video for more info on everything Xur's selling and to see Vigilance Wing in action.
As ever he'll be around until the weekly reset on Tuesday.

Where is Xur this week?

Xur's on Earth this week near the Winding Cove fast travel point. When you spawn, head straight ahead and look for a road on the right just under a large pointy rock. Go up the road and look for green rocks on the left, go into that area and look up - you'll see Xur on an outcrop overhead. Look for more green rock on the left and use these to climb up and reach him.

Should you buy Vigilance Wing?

If you play a lot of Crucible almost certainly. That key perk of boosting healing and speed when allies die mean you'll almost constantly benefit from others dying around you. The five burst round means it also packs a punch, making it useful in PvE as well. Although it will need a little taming accuracy-wise.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby Brulaffe » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:54 am

I'd trade the insurmountable skullfort for a helm of inmost light any day!!! I miss that free death from above perk
Brulaffe
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Rikakiah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:17 am

Pity I can't stand pulse rifles. I've gotten like a half dozen of these things and they are good for pulses, I just can't play with them.

Xur REALLY needs to sell other legendary-quality things in limited quantities. I say a shader, ship, sparrow, and transmat effect or two would be reasonable... Maybe change that to a ship OR a sparrow each time, so as not to infringe on their precious Tess. I swear, I cry every time I hear her say, "It'll take more than a Cabal invasion to stop Eververse..."
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby PrivatePixel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Rikakiah wrote:Pity I can't stand pulse rifles. I've gotten like a half dozen of these things and they are good for pulses, I just can't play with them.

Xur REALLY needs to sell other legendary-quality things in limited quantities. I say a shader, ship, sparrow, and transmat effect or two would be reasonable... Maybe change that to a ship OR a sparrow each time, so as not to infringe on their precious Tess. I swear, I cry every time I hear her say, "It'll take more than a Cabal invasion to stop Eververse..."

I'm in favour of this. The game is exactly 1 month old, and we've been offered Foetracer twice in the past 3 weeks; we need more and better variety. Tess is being really stingy with vehicles on my Titan build: I've received only 1 thus far (my other builds have at least 4 each). Same issue applies to ships. I can't bring myself to spend Silver or Bright Dust on these, not when they drop like candy from a piñata on my other 2 builds, but for Legendary Shards, I would.
PrivatePixel
Stable Hand

PreviousNext

Return to Destiny 2