Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:29 am

All right Destiny fans, I figure for Destiny 2 we can have one thread for where in the world is Xur and it can be updated weekly with his location, goods for sale as well as any comments that people may have as to whether the goods are any good ;) It appears that Xur is still on vacation this week and will not be making a return or should I say appearance in the world of Destiny 2 this week, instead he should be back next week on Friday the 15th.

For Destiny veterans, you know all about Xur, for newbies Xur is a vendor that appears weekly in the game world. In D1 he would arrive on Fridays 5 am est and would leave sometime early morning on Sunday and he would be in one of the social spaces. It appears that this year he can be anywhere on any of the maps, so it may take some extra time to find him but that is what the good ole internet and this thread is for ;) He sells Exotic Armor and Weapons as well as various other goodies to help you progress in the game world. From what I have read, this time he doesn't like Strange Coins (which is good since there aren't any), instead he will accept legendary shards, so start dismantling those legendary items and be ready. I personally am holding off on infusing anything until I know just how many of those shards will be needed to buy some shiny new golden items.

So check back weekly and post up any information or comments that you may have. Always good to hear what others think about the gear before spending my hard earned shards on it.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Xur - Weekly location, gear and comments

Postby Mr. Spook » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:27 am

Xûr won't be around this week, but he will show up on 9/15, along with the Trials of the Nine, but apparently not in the way he did in Destiny 1. Bungie has released a calendar of events for this month: https://imgur.com/a/chXIx
PSN: MrSpook
XBL: Mr Sp00k
Nin: SW-5170-3614-0439
Toynbee idea in movie 2001 resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

I'm currently playing Call of Duty WWII, Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Mr. Spook
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 32
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 6339

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:45 pm

Get those legendary shards ready, can't wait for the arrival of squid face tomorrow - hope he has something good and not an item I already have three of - fingers crossed ;)

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby hideouschud » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:51 pm

I am anxiously awaiting Him as well.....mostly to see how many shards He is asking for. I only have around 45ish at the moment, but once I know how many are needed I can plan the grind a bit better.

View my Games
hideouschud
Butcher

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 9

Postby GrouchyGran » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 am

So Xur is up on a tree on Nessus.... haha, why would he be conducting business on a tree? :lol:
Good to know though, that his items are not as expensive as I had thought. I don't have a lot of shards unfortunately and can afford just two items. :cry:

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:05 am

The Agent of the Nine can be found on Nessus, hanging out at the top of the map in the area marked "Watchers Grave."

The icon showing where he is appears on the map and can be tracked to make getting to him easier. Once you're in the Watcher's Grave, look up and you'll find him standing atop a tree. In exchange for your Legendary Shards, he'll sell you the items in the list below.

Merciless: Fusion Rifle -- 29 Legendary Shards
Raiden Flux: Chest Armor (Hunter Class) -- 23 Legendary Shards
Doom Fang Pauldron: Gauntlets -- 23 Legendary Shards
Wings of Sacred Dawn: Chest Armor (Warlock) -- 23 Legendary Shards

Generally, the response to Xur's offerings hasn't been positive as the items he's selling are available as loot drops fairly early in the game. The standout item is the Merciless fusion rifle, so grab that if you haven't got one already.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-where-is-xur-location-and-exotics-for-sa/1100-6453365/

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 am

I can highly recommend the Merciless Fusion rifle, one of the best exotics in the game and does great damage to bosses and yellow bars. As GrouchyGran , it was a relief to see the cost though I was hoping for some better items. I may just pick up the hunter and warlock gear so that I have it when I roll out those characters, I already have the gloves for my titan so no need there. Hope it is a better week for everyone else.

Was really hoping for some exotic engrams, but with my luck they would have been duplicates anyway.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby txrocketman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:47 am

Raiden Flux is a solid arc strider armor piece, extending super quite a bit. Pretty sure you get a choice to pick it up through campaign though. It's pick one of three, so if you buy it you'd have option to pick another choice when you get to they point. I see lots of wings in the world, so either it's good or easy to obtain.

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 2

Postby Rikakiah » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 am

I was hoping he'd have a few non-gear goodies. I'm happy he has 1 gear for each class and a weapon and hoping that continues. I expect many weeks I'll be disappointed with his choices (as this week), but that means he'll also have things I really want, too.

However, it's basically like 2 extra exotic engrams each week. Wee. He used to have extra little trinkets that made his visit that much more exciting. Giving him some shaders, mods, maybe a sparrow (I wish the sparrow mods worked like weapon mods) would really up his value. Especially since we have to "hunt" him down each time now (sure, he's icon'd on the map, but you still have to travel there and potentially shoot some stuff on the way).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby VENOMxSYMBIOTE » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Merciless is supposed to be a strike boss killer. Coldheart is a raid boss killer
VENOMxSYMBIOTE
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Next

Return to Destiny 2