Login with a social network:

Destiny 2 - Tips and General Discussion

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: Destiny 2 - Tips and General Discussion

Postby txrocketman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:55 am

Found this really nice power leveling guide that actually picks up from level 200. Most kind of gloss over anything before 265 but this has some stuff for folks like me who are still pushing toward 265 plateau.

http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny-2/power ... l-up-fast/

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby XxBLUExX » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Found this on the bungie forums seems quite helpful for arcstrider
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/2 ... t=0&page=0
XxBLUExX
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Heartburn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

XxBLUExX wrote:Found this on the bungie forums seems quite helpful for arcstrider
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/2 ... t=0&page=0

And I been using the RT button only, for all this time.
Xbox One GT- Heartburn
Heartburn
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby XxBLUExX » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm

same with a o+o dodge and l1
XxBLUExX
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 am

So I know I was promoting to use your extra glimmer on the blue random mods from the gunsmith and that worked well for me as I now have a ton of legendary mods, just keep in mind you want to hold onto some glimmer to be able to apply those mods. I cost 5,000 glimmer if I am correct to apply a legendary mod. After picking up all of Cayde's treasure maps I didn't have enough glimmer to apply the mods to boost my level until I ran through and restocked my glimmer.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby txrocketman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am

You know thinking about it, the random crap you get from Cayde's treasure maps could be the new glimmer bank for D2. I think they cashed in for glimmer for me in week one. In D1 I kept stacks of house banners and the like in the vault for times you needed/wanted extra cash quick. I'm assuming you could just sit on those things and cash in.If your glimmer ever got low.

View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby bman71505 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:07 am

I'm not too concerned about spending my glimmer frivolously; capped out my bank, then spent all but 10000. Made a three hour tour of the cosmos and returned capped out again. Heroic event after heroic event seems to work for me!!
bman71505
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Rikakiah » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 am

bman71505 wrote:I'm not too concerned about spending my glimmer frivolously; capped out my bank, then spent all but 10000. Made a three hour tour of the cosmos and returned capped out again. Heroic event after heroic event seems to work for me!!

Which is probably why we can't buy armor that breaks down into Gunsmith rep components.
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

Postby txrocketman » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:52 am

Question: What are some of the best way to lower cooldowns? Just crossed the 280 barrier so starting to dabble in mods a bit but really don't know much. Think.I dropped something on my hunter cloak that's tied to subclass abilities of a particular flavor. Really enjoyed min maxing the old intellect, discipline, strength in.D1 and haven't figured how to effectively do that in D2. I know gunslinger has a branch that feeds super with precision shots, but I don't always run solar. Let me know what y'all are doing whether its mods, innate gear or.subclass traits, exotics or what.

View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

Postby Rikakiah » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:20 am

The hunter precision talent you're talking of isn't really that great for building your super. I REALLY wish I could swap that for the reload one in the other specialization as I prefer the marksman spec overall (I LOVE a new throwing knife on precision kills). I haven't had enough mods or gear to dedicate to a spec to really try out how much those mods affect cooldowns. I generally run the more generic speed and reload boosts (I also really love the reload mod--maybe I just hate reload times).
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Destiny 2