Login with a social network:

Destiny 2 - Tips and General Discussion

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: Destiny 2 - Tips and General Discussion

Postby bdnyy23 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Hard to say, I know I was level 20 before I completed the game and around 150 power at the end. I didn't have too much of an issue (there were some spots where I got overrun, but once I knew what was coming it wasn't too bad), but I don't know if the enemies scaled, not sure if it would have been more difficult at a lower power level (do know that some of the later rounds have a level requirement as we had wait for one member to level up to 15 before continuing the story when helping them through). The beginning adventures will keep the recommended low power level, so I assume that they will not scale, but you will get higher level adventures as you proceed.

One thing to consider, you do get some goodies once you complete the game and they will be based on your power level at the time, so it will be somewhat of a benefit to be higher level when you get them. But you will fly past that level, so not that big of a deal, you can always infuse them to make them higher after you gain more power.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby txrocketman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm

You need to be level 15 for final leg of campaign. Already 14 you should hit that by continuing story at this point. I focused mostly story and had to jump our a couple points to farm level mostly. Pretty sure story doesn't scale but has a recommended power level. You'll probably not have trouble with the story missions. I personally like to fight above my weight class so hit a couple points in second half of story where it stalled me for a bit solo. Nothing that a little rethinking strategy and tightening up execution couldn't overcome.

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 2

Postby hideouschud » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Good info guys, thanks. I put in like another 30 minutes of circling the EDZ, and hit lvl 15, around 153 power. It feels like the zone is scaling with me, which I like. I think I'm going to keep this up for awhile...if I can handle the story missions a bit easier I can spend more time focusing on the story this go-around.

Plus, the quicker I get through it, the quicker I can start the loot grind.

View my Games
hideouschud
Butcher

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 9

Postby Mr. Spook » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 pm

This is what I did: I was ridic over-leveled, and it made the campaign pretty easy. The difficulty doesn't scale.
PSN: MrSpook
XBL: Mr Sp00k
Nin: SW-5170-3614-0439
Toynbee idea in movie 2001 resurrect dead on planet Jupiter

I'm currently playing Call of Duty WWII, Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Mr. Spook
Dude

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 32
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 6339

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:35 am

Well 260 may be the first soft cap, but blues continue to drop higher than that. I think currently mine are maxing out at around 268 with my power lever either at 277 or 278. I would still hold off on turning in tokens or doing milestones until you reach the initial soft cap, but any milestones that reset on a weekly basis should be done prior to that reset regardless of your level.

Farming heroic public events seems to work for exotic engrams, not a quick process but it seems that I have been able to get one a night from anywhere between 5-10 heroic PE's. Last night I think it was my second, but not sure how many I had done the prior night. Only thing that sucks is that now I have Graviton Lances and three Actium War Rigs - as RNGesus has something against me.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 am

With the new glimmer cap at 100k, you may be wondering what to do with all that extra money, a quick suggestion is to stock pile the rare mods that the gunsmith sells. It appears that once you hit power level 280 that you can turn in rare mods in exchange for legendary mods (think it is three for one). I have been stockpiling the rare mods, just have to break that 280 plateau now ;)

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby txrocketman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:27 am

A very timely tip. I noticed I was at glimmer cap last night. Bought a few of those mods and also some of Cayde's stuff. Not really seeing spending much I want to bother investing in upgrading, etc as most of my gear is feeling temporary at the moment.

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 2

Postby Rikakiah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:18 am

It was mentioned, but I think it's worth stressing... You get 1 exotic engram at story completiong. I would highly recommend hanging on to it until you also complete the side (blue flag) missions on Nessus, as that gives a quest requiring you to decrypt 1 exotic and 5 blue or purple engrams. Purple engrams drop relatively easily (although, it wouldn't hurt to hang on to the first 5 of those, either), but exotic engrams are a bit more of a gamble. It's super frustrating to get a quest and know you burned the item you needed just an hour prior.

Speaking of burning things, you'll also get a sidearm, Drang, at this same time. It's only a legendary, so you may not worry about getting rid of it in some manner. Don't. It's also needed for an exotic quest. You can get another one, but it costs 10 shards. 10 shards isn't really that much (I have over 100 easily enough on my 2nd day at 20), but why throw money away?
Rikakiah
Gunsmith

Postby bdnyy23 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:05 am

Power level of engrams are locked in when you get them, but the rewards for milestones and from factions will scale. They show a power level once you receive them, but as long as you don't accept it, the level will increase as your level increases. So if you get a reward from a milestone, you do not need to retrieve it right away, you can wait till your power level goes up and the reward will scale as well. I didn't realize that, but may take advantage in week 2.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby bdnyy23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:27 am

Not sure if it actually works, but the Fireteam Medallion that you get and can buy from Tess Eververse appears to work like the 3 of coins from D1. I used one running solo public events and got at least one legendary engram each event and an exotic from 5 PE's. Should be even better if each member of the fireteam has one on if you want to run activities that are eligible. Only 50 dust per medallion, I think I picked up 20 from her last night, it was either that or a weapon skin.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Destiny 2