Login with a social network:

Destiny 2 Scheduling Added to GS Event Calendar!

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Re: Destiny 2 Scheduling Added to GS Event Calendar!

Postby txrocketman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:22 am

No apologies necessary. I obviously want to be signed up for my event, so I did, just thought as creator of an event with tracked attendance that would happen automatically, not as a separate step once game is created. Be good if code could be tweaked to make that a one step process.

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsDestiny 2, In Game Clans, Destiny 2 clan for adults, Destiny 2 clan for parents, schedule events

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:18 am

Wanted to bump this topic to remind D2 players that this new tool is available within the forums for scheduling and managing D2 events. If you have the mobile GS app, there is a direct link to the calendar which makes it easier to access the calendar, add events and sign up for existing events. If you have any issues, questions or comments, please let us know.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 am

I see that there are some events added for the next few days, unfortunately the times don't work for me, but hopefully others will be able to join and take part. My suggestion is if we are going to get the events to work would be to promote using the calendar and events to others that would have previously signed up for such events. It may take some time, but if we don't promote it then it doesn't have a chance. My thought is if you can start to get a team of GSers and then use the guided game or clan chat in game you should be able to find the remaining players that you need. Obviously times and dates are not going to work for everyone, so it is very likely you will need none GSers to fill out a fire/raid team, but if you are looking to first fill the team with GSers then hopefully using calendar events will be a good way to start that.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby txrocketman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 am

Can we get some event categories added, like nightfall and also maybe a mIscellaneous category?

Also how does event time work? If I create in my.time zone (Pacific) does it adjust to local time for each person based on where their profile says they are?

Lastly I think the way to promote this is to get people to watch the calendar. That way they are notified when new events are created. In that sense I'd like to see limited watch capability keyed to event type. For example as a PS4 player I'd want to only watch for new D2 PS4 events.

View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am

I will pass along your comments, I would imagine adding the nightfall and a miscellaneous category should not be an issue. As for the time zone, I am not sure, for me your event on the 14th shows from 10:30PM to 2:00am - which I would assume would be my time. I think my assumption would be to have people enter the time based on EST, but not sure if it automatically converts. If not, we can see if there is an option to indicate which time when selecting.

As for the notifications, I know you can select to track an event, but maybe there is an option to notify everyone that is part of the PS4 group to be notified each time an event is set up and then opt out if needed. Otherwise my thoughts were if I knew I was going to play at a certain time I could check the calendar and if there is an event I want to play at that time I would sign up or track it, if not I could create one. Not sure that I would want a notification for events that occur at times I would not be able to play, and I would doubt there would be a function to limit notification to certain days and times, but I leave that to the people that know more about all of this coding stuff ;)

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby txrocketman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

Game time seems to adjust based on locality as my session on the 14th is 8:30-midnight local (Pacific) time. So that's good, looks like you setup in your timezones and calendar converts for each.viewer.

Regarding using calendar, some of us aren't so much fixed days/ times, but fixed quantity. So I might be able to do three evening sessions a week with ability to slide the specific.days/times with advance notice. So rather than use calendar in the way you would, I might want to know someone is trying to setup a game a given night and adjust my playing times to sync up. And there are times I get a night to play I may number ot have expected, hence my desire for getting notices.

View my Games
txrocketman
Jailer

Postby Uraxatrol » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Posted an event for tonight. Thanks, I was looking for this string yesterday
Uraxatrol
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby McMurphy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:54 pm

txrocketman wrote:Can we get some event categories added, like nightfall and also maybe a mIscellaneous category?

Also how does event time work? If I create in my.time zone (Pacific) does it adjust to local time for each person based on where their profile says they are?

Lastly I think the way to promote this is to get people to watch the calendar. That way they are notified when new events are created. In that sense I'd like to see limited watch capability keyed to event type. For example as a PS4 player I'd want to only watch for new D2 PS4 events.

Nightfall and Miscellaneous categories have been added! :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Previous

Return to Destiny 2