Login with a social network:

Destiny In-Game Clan! [UPDATED]

Get ready for round two of the Bungie's juggernaut series in Destiny 2 by discussing the game with fellow GSers here!

Destiny In-Game Clan! [UPDATED]

Postby McMurphy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:23 pm

If you are actively playing Destiny 2, go to the following link and request an add AFTER adding yourself to one of our Destiny 2 Master Lists:

NOTE: Pending clan requests will not be approved until after the Destiny 2 Master Lists are unlocked and people reply to the Master Lists.

XB1: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=575192
XB1: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2278580
XB1: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2823591
PS4: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2070855
PS4: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2442671
PC: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2746337

The in-game clans will be updated every three months to clean out folks who haven't played the game for quite some time. If someone has been out of the game for quite sometime and wishes to return, no worries! Simply send out a new request, and you will be added!

PLEASE NOTE: To maintain or gain a spot in the in-game clans, you must have a registered GunslingerGaming forum account & on a Destiny Master List. Remember, you will need to send a request to the in-game clan after adding yourself to the Master List. We will not be pro-actively send you invites to fair to everyone.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsDestiny Gunslingers, GunslingerGaming, Gunslingers, Destiny clan, clan for adults, clan for parents, Destiny 2

Re: Destiny In-Game Clan! [UPDATED]

Postby klensley » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:51 am

Well, looks like that clan already has 144 members and 70 clan mates so I guess its gonna be another bust.

I've been in the Gunslingers XB1 Raiders clan since 2015 or so, and it doesn't seem to show any affiliation to the new Destiny Gunslingers clan.

There's likely going to be a large influx of people when D2 launches. With the small cap on members remaining, I can't see any way around it; some people are going to get left out in the cold.
Xbox Live Gamertag klensley
klensley
Cattle Rustler

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 6
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby McMurphy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 am

The PS4 clan has 43 out of 100, and the XB1 clan has 21 out of 100 full, there should still be plenty of room for the first Destiny game while we wait for the 2ND game's release.

Since Bungie's idea of 'focusing' more on the clan presence in D2 is by carrying over the same problems, we will ultimately be using multiple in-game clans. While not ideal, our new standard of house cleaning every three months should better keep everyone with active players.
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Zer0Burn75 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 pm

So from what I a reading today in the weekly update it looks like bungie is going to leave it up to the founders as to whether to carry the clan over or not. Does this mean you may try to consolidate the clans by not carrying over one of the sub clans?

View my Games
Zer0Burn75
Green Horn

1 year of membership

Games: 9
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 1769

Postby McMurphy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Zer0Burn75 wrote:So from what I a reading today in the weekly update it looks like bungie is going to leave it up to the founders as to whether to carry the clan over or not. Does this mean you may try to consolidate the clans by not carrying over one of the sub clans?

It depends if Bungie plans to give any bonuses for legacy clans. If not, I would like to start from scratch with a new in-game clan for Destiny 2. If so, we will first migrate over the Destiny Gunslingers in-game clan & then migrate the others as needed. Either way, we will do quarterly house cleaning.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Rocket League
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

#Destiny2 #GunslingersClan

Postby McMurphy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:24 am

For members wondering how Bungie has changed the in-game clan function in which is being referenced above, take a gander at a recently published article by Gamespot:
When Bungie announced Destiny 2 back in May, it teased some major improvements coming to Clans. In the first Destiny, Groups provided little more to their members than an identification icon in-game; but in Destiny 2, Clans will be an important service for teaming up, organizing games, and leading Guided Games. Today, Bungie talked a lot more about what you can expect from the overhauled system.

In its Weekly Update, Bungie first reassured current members of Groups that they can, in fact, migrate over to being a Destiny 2 Clan. Starting on July 25 and lasting for a month, Group leaders will have the ability to decide whether or not they want to turn the Group into a Clan. During this time, they can pass off the leadership role to someone else or retain the position. After a month, the new Clan creation system will go live on Bungie's website.

Clans in Destiny 2 will be structured similarly to Destiny 1 Groups; they'll be capped at 100 members, and Destiny 2 accounts will be able to be a member of one Clan on each platform. However, they'll also have new abilities and features. Foremost among these is the ability to lead Guided Games, the new matchmaking-esque system for high-level content like Raids and Nightfall Strikes. A group of five Clan members can, for example, seek a sixth player outside the Clan in order to have a full party to take on a Raid.

In addition, Clan members can invite others to be a part of the Clan from inside the game. All members will get rewards for the success of their Clanmates, although the nature of these rewards is still unknown...

[READ FROM SOURCE HERE: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/desti ... 0-6451315/ ]

The in-game clan tools being, well, actually in-game rather than on a website that only sometimes worked is a very welcoming idea. One of the main goals for me relating to the Gunslingers is to better structure and maintain our Destiny front. Currently, we operate as if we don't have a central hub for clan communications, and we certainly do (you are reading from it right now), so I would like to approach Destiny 2 as a way to reboot our front(s): Making sure everyone who wants to take up a clan spot is actually registered on our clan site and on a Master List, and that everyone can use the well established communication tools we already have in place (ie: forum, text chat, voice chat) to discuss clan and/or game ideas, opinions, and discussion. This with the revamped Destiny 2 in-game clan function should actually empower us to operate more like a clan rather than spread ourselves across several third party satellite groups full of quasi members.

View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

TagsDestiny 2, clans, GunslingerGaming, Destiny Gunslingers, older gamers, clan for adults

Postby CNimbus » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the post, McMurphy. It's been far too long since I have visited this site, but I was inspired to take a peek around knowing D2 is soon to be released. :)

I definitely want to be a part of the GS Destiny clan for D2! I recently dropped out of Gunslingers XB1 raiders because, LOL, I never raid (time and health constraints) and I enjoy Crucible. At least the way it is now with 6v6. I'm not sure I'm going to like the upcoming 4v4-only design. Beta in 3 weeks--guess we'll find out!
"I will not have my fwends widiculed by the common soldiewy!"

I'm currently playing Destiny
View my Games
CNimbus
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 5

Postby LORD_VADER_2000 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:03 pm

So was the Gunslingers Destiny Raiders clan dissolved on the XBox ONE? It states that I am no longer in a clan. If so where can I rejoin at?
LORD_VADER_2000
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby GrouchyGran » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:25 am

LORD_VADER_2000 wrote:So was the Gunslingers Destiny Raiders clan dissolved on the XBox ONE? It states that I am no longer in a clan. If so where can I rejoin at?

Hi LORD_VADER_2000, you can go to this link and request an add. https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/575192

View my Games
GrouchyGran
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 12

Postby LORD_VADER_2000 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:06 am

GrouchyGran wrote:
LORD_VADER_2000 wrote:So was the Gunslingers Destiny Raiders clan dissolved on the XBox ONE? It states that I am no longer in a clan. If so where can I rejoin at?

Hi LORD_VADER_2000, you can go to this link and request an add. https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/575192

Thank you for the info, I resubmitted my request to join. If only I had joined this clan back in 2014 when the game dropped. :D
LORD_VADER_2000
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Next

Return to Destiny 2