Login with a social network:

Am I missing something? WW2

COD is going back to its roots, and the Gunslingers clan is happy to go full circle with the franchise in COD: WWII!

Am I missing something? WW2

Postby Girl Killz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm

I've played most of the previous Call of Duty games and I've been okay, I didn't suck too bad. But I just can't seem to get a positive KD in any game mode of WW2? Any advice? Or do I just suck?
Girl Killz
Green Horn

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Am I missing something? WW2

Postby turk mcgurk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 am

I had a hard time with this as well, not playing since AW. Also recently played Titanfall 2 and Halo 5, it was an adjustment going back to the much slower "boots on the ground" style.

My best advice is this: SLOW DOWN!

Avoid sprinting unless you go with a run n gun SMG or shotgun. Start with the standard 1941 AR, get quickdraw and a reflex scope (you unlock both fairly quickly). Then attach full metal jacket as well when you unlock. Use cover as much as possible and burst fire the rifle with slow steady trigger pulls instead of holding it down.

We have a fairly steady group that plays on X1, so if thats where you play add me! Good Luck!
Ben in real life, turk mcgurk on XBOX1

I'm currently playing Gears of War 4
View my Games
turk mcgurk
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 5
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Am I missing something? WW2

Postby An1sotrope » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:49 am

Agree 100%. It took me a while to get into this version. Seemed like I just couldnt cope. But its so important to be patient...dont run everywhere as the aim from sprint delay is much longer than in previous coD incarnations.

Id also see which setup you are using. Ive had good success with the Grease gun (SNG) given it us an intro weapon. Dont forget you dont have to use the gun forthe soecific division so change things up and see what works. Levelling up guns, divisions etc seems to maje a huge difference so persevere.

Snipers are also a major pain and dominate certain maps (looking at the gustav cannon and battleship here). Learn routes than take you out of the target area...I hardly ever do central anymore...just too dangerous. Stick to sneaky routes, outside naps and anticipate more around corbers. Levelling the new Resistance division can help with the map warning but also keep in mind the map interference gives YOU away too.

Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, get to grips with drop shotting. Its a hated tactic but is more effective than you would think.

Keep at it, ive found a new found love for the game sibce coming back at the end of Jan. Got it at release but quit shortly after...give it time.
An1sotrope
Green Horn

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to Call of Duty: WWII