Ghost in the shell - 2017 Film

Do you have some thoughts on a game, movie, or book that you would like to put in a review format? Do so here!

Ghost in the shell - 2017 Film

Postby HeadshotPenguin » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:16 pm

This review contains no spoilers.

Title: Ghost in the Shell
Starring: Scarlett Johansson

I must hold my hands up now and admit I have never seen the animated or manga versions on the Ghost in the Shell by Masamune Shirow; so I have no comparison to the originals. That being said, I loved it.

Without giving too much away and spoiling it, the film is set in the future where there is no definite line between Human and Robots due to cybernetic enhancements.
The story was good, I enjoyed it, not too taxing on the brain. Alot of fighting and future tech which is always a positive in my book (unless you count Aeon Flux which was dire).

It was a great film visually, alot of the CGI was beautiful, from the city skyline to fight scenes it was great. Alot to see and I'm going to see it again as I'm sure I missed some things.

I watched Adam Savage in his Tested Youtube video on the props and tech behind the film before I went to see it and I have huge respect for Scarlett Johansson. The skin tight bodysuit she wears is not CGI. It was an all in one silicon body suit that required ALOT of talcum powder according to the prop studio.

My opinion may change when I check out the Manga original, however as it stands now, I give it:

rating
HeadshotPenguin
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8670

Re: Ghost in the shell - 2017 Film

Postby coolhandlewke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:34 am

late to the party but i saw a trailer for this the other day. it looks badass, and scarlett is always worth an extra star on her own.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to Reviews By Members