I just got some bummer news.

For the average, healthy adult, gaming is far from the center piece of his/her daily activities, responsibilities, and even hobbies. Go ahead and explore those other venues in the range-free forum.

I just got some bummer news.

Postby Battle Hamster on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello all. Long time no chat.

I know I have been more or less MIA from the forums and games, but things have not been going swimmingly for me as of late. Now I'm not telling you good people my problems for sympathy or such. I guess I'm basically telling you all because sometimes it's easier to tell strangers your problems.

Here's more or less how things have been going since I last talked to anyone:

Bought MW3. Hated it. Shelved it. Bought BF3.
Finals were coming up which cut down on gaming time.
Got rear-end by some goofy broad. About 4k in damages.
Got involved with a girl already in a relationship. Major drama.
Thanksgiving
Christmas
My birthday
Kept having neck pain. Arms and legs numb even after physical therapy (they thought it was screwed up vertebrae). Got referred to another dr who ordered an MRI for my neck. Went back the next day for a follow up. Dr informs me a have a tumor (don't know yet if it's benign or malignant) on my cervical spinal cord. Places a call to a neurosurgeon. Have appointment with surgeon Jan 5. Currently scared shitless. Also crying like a little girl at times :oops:

So if you you see me online, I'm either watching Netflix or playing games that are single player. Don't feel bad if I don't accept invites. My mind isn't quite there if you know what I mean.

Wish me luck.
I pray I'll game with you peeps soon again.

BH
PSN = Battle_Hamster
Battle Hamster
Butcher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: I just got some bummer news.

Postby Fist_of_Metal on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 pm

My thoughts are with you buddy. Keep us updated and you will receive nothing but best wishes and support.

That sentence had to many syllables! APOLOGIZE!
Fist_of_Metal
Hustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby leiflvr on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Look no matter what people say it's ok to be scared shitless. The unknown is the scariest thing of all and the fact that you're getting it dealt with immediately shows your strength.

I'm not one for big speeches or pep-talks but surround yourself with the people you love and who will give you the strength to face this and to fight if that's what's called for. Try and get rid of the drama for the time being as it's an un-needed distraction and be selfish. Your health isn't anything to F with and if that takes being selfish so be it. Do what is right for you and if anyone doesn't understand the reasoning then deal with that noise later.

Hope all turns out well and keep us posted. I personally miss gaming with you and if you ever feel the need to shoot alot of stuff in black ops send me an invite.

Take care and be strong.

Leif

MAKE ME A SANDWICH-TripleF73.
Complaints? Call 30I-DGAF
leiflvr
Jesse James

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Toezer on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Heya Battle,

I can't say it better than Fist or Rig, but I hope you know we're all here with you. Wanting space is totally understandable, no worries about that. And when you're ready, you just come on back and we'll have the beer cold waiting for ya. I'm sending all possible positive vibes your way. (Yeah, I'm a cali hippie, what can I say ;) ) Just take care of yourself!

Keep rockin' it,
Toezer
"It's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket." - Mikey
Toezer
Webmaster
Webmaster

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby BreakingShad0w on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. :(
I may have never talked to you, but as a fellow Gunslinger, I wish you the best and hope you get good news soon! Everything balances out in this life and hopefully you'll start to receive an influx of good news to balance everything out. Good luck and good livin' mate. :)
BreakingShad0w
Saloon Keeper

Postby a_bunny310 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey man you will be in my prayers. Hope everything goes well. And like Leif said the unknown is always the scariest. hope to see soon and hear that everything is ok with you.

PSN:a_bunny310
a_bunny310
Traveling Elixir Swindler

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Korchie on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 pm

I can totally understand why you want space.. been going through that space thing myself. Just wanted to send you my best wishes BH!! Remember to stay positive!! I know it sounds cheesy, but it really does help :) . Hopefully after you start getting some answers from the doctors things will make more sense.. but yes, definitely a good thing that you're getting it taken care of.. always the sooner the better with this stuff.

Best wishes,
Korchie
:somerandr: Image
My status
Korchie
Bounty Hunter

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Ash1346 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Merry X-mas and Happy F****ing New Year right:( I had my appendix taken out 1 week before x-mas and have pretty much been laid up since then. So i partly know what its like.
Hope you get into better spirts my man. Maybe playing with some friends and having a fun time might help cheer you up a little.
Take care Battle Hamster.
Im always around if you wanna game it up some time. Im sure we can cause some trouble for some people..lol
A Canadian Boston Fan
Ash1346
Cattle Rustler

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby ironside on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 am

Sorry to hear Buddy you will be in my thoughts and of course you will get gaming with us soon your BH one of the toughest S.O.Bs going one of the most feared gamers on the net.

Thoughts with you mate take care of yourself and keep everyone updated we will all be thinking of you.
ironside
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby chinchops10 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:37 am

Hi BH
Feel for you at this time, and my best wishes are going out to you.......one thing I've found from being with the GS is that they are always there to fall back on - don't feel like you are dealing with things on your own as such as there are friends here to call upon.
I'm awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan myself on my neck post a car rear ender in March - good old NHS system here in the UK takes a while to catch up, so I have some idea of the process you have been going through.

Any time you want to talk to anyone just send out the message chap - company is better than nothing at times!

Take care and keep positive about what the docs are doing for you though.

Chinchops
Racecar spelt backwards is ......... Racecar

chinchops10
Rancher

Next

Return to The Lounge