Login with a social network:

Switch and SD Cards

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

Switch and SD Cards

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:31 am

So I put a 64GB SD card into the switch and it works well enough however I feel there's a slight... lack of functionality? I noticed that once an SD card had been inserted all store items default to downloading to said SD card by default which is great and makes sense. However It doesn't look like you can move games & Data back and fourth between system and SD card.. can anyone confirm this? maybe I missed something... seems like a bit of a waste if you can't at least move things off of system storage to the SD card

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 10
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 2609

Re: Switch and SD Cards

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 am

Just an update to this, ALL GAME DATA defaults to SD card weather from store or otherwise, I.E. DLC, UPDATES ETC. I noticed this when I finally popped in Has Been Heroes and checked where it was storing things. It's great they default it that way so the end user doesn't have to do squat.

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 10
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 2609

Return to Nintendo