Login with a social network:

#NintendoSwitch - Our Troubleshooting Tricks

Discuss the Switch, Wii U, 3DS, and the Wii here!

#NintendoSwitch - Our Troubleshooting Tricks

Postby McMurphy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Getting a new piece of tech can also mean a new set of troubleshooting. The Nintendo Switch is no exception. As you come across helpful tricks in troubleshooting any problems as you try out the new system, share your knowledge with your fellow Gunslingers here. Periodically, we will add informative posts/topics to a list featured in this first post.

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
  1. Can't connect to wifi [see below in this post]
  2. Transferring Amiibos

I came up with the idea for this topic today after needing to call Nintendo help line to figure out why my Switch was no longer able to connect to my wifi. None of my other devices had an issue. Only the Switch. It could see the network. It could do an initial connection after typing in the network's password, but it would keep failing the Connection Test. It turns out that Nintendo recommends that you occassionally turn off the system (hold down the power button-->select Power Options-->select Shut down) rather than using Sleep Mode. That was my problem. I was always going into Sleep Mode after use. Sure enough, I was able to connect to wifi after powering down and restarting the Switch.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
TagsNintendo, Switch, troubleshooting, no wifi connection

Re: #NintendoSwitch - Our Troubleshooting Tricks

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Still seems odd. My phones, my iPads, my laptops are always on and they never need to be hard reset to reconnect to the network. Last time I rebooted the Macbook was before Christmas.But none of those things are made by Nintendo :P Wish they'd learn to admit their shortcomings.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Crinklepouch » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:34 pm

I had the exact same problem and solution. Hopefully other people will read this.

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 43
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 9782

Postby Scavenger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:37 am

Crinklepouch wrote:I had the exact same problem and solution. Hopefully other people will read this.

This did not work on my end, tried several times.

I restored my Switch to factory settings without deleting any data, which was the one solution that worked for me.

I had to archive my games and re-download them afterwards, to play them.

The play Activity for the games involved also somehow got a reset (My BotW still says 110 hours, this was at the time I decided to finish off the game. I did do some more post game-research, and I even started replaying it, so around 20 hours extra there, but it still says 110 hours)

View my Games
Scavenger
Cattle Rustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 13
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby nineromega » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:23 pm

The only issue I have run into with my Switch is with my left joycon controller. It is having an issue where every now and then it will cause the Switch to think I am gently pushing the joystick upwards.

It is not a huge problem. I have tried several of the methods listed around the web about fixing it, nothing has come to fruition tho. I daresay I may need to send it off to Nintendo for repair, the first time I have ever had to do so with any Nintendo hardware.

Worst case I can just buy a new Joycon or Joycon pair. For home use I am using a bluetooth controller anyway, it's only when I am on the go that I run into this problem.

Anybody else run into this before?
:australia: :codthumbsup: SW-5580-5753-0614
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World PC, Madden 19 - PC

View my Games
nineromega
Cowpoke

Games: 8
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 1656

Return to Nintendo