Login with a social network:

Coop vs AI

Start your chainsaws because it is time for Gears of War 4! Discuss, share contacts, and other communications for the game within this section.

Coop vs AI

Postby gobi42 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 am

What up fellow slingers? So i have been playing the Coop vs AI more lately. Been have a lot of fun doing it as well. However, there seems to be a couple of catches, neither one hold me back but needs to be noted. First, This mode would be way more fun with a full lobby of Gunslingers for sure. Second, the xp and credits you get from it are very small. One match of Koth netted me 2k xp and 33 credits. Not sure it's the move efficient way to level up but i found it to be quite fun. I started out on casual but i think that was a mistake. Every lobby i got into there was no team work and guys stealing kills and not reviving down team mates. Switched to Normal(might give hardcore a shot) and the team play seemed to be a lot better, other players were reviving each other. And for the first time in a long time i found myself enjoying MP matches. Would be cool if we could get a few of us together some weekend night and have a coop frosty pints, and if MP gets old we can always switch to horde :)

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Re: Coop vs AI

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:13 am

I've been playing Gears quite a bit, mostly campaign, but the last couple nights I hopped on some Horde and some MP Versus. Been loving it, too. Gnasher feels great, even the Lancer doesn't just feel like sidearm like it did in Gears 3 :P I'm probably in the minority when it comes to Gears MP, but I've always loved it. I haven't tried the coop vs AI, but I'm always down to play with GS. Is it crossplay? I know horde and Coop Campaign are, but I wasn't sure about any of the versus stuff.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby scottman71 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:57 am

I need to get back into gears in a big way but forzaH3 is all consuming at the moment. Only ever tried horde once and everyone bailed at wave 25. Still got to finish the campaign too. Would like to try that on insane co-op at some point as well.

View my Games
scottman71
Rancher

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby gobi42 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:38 am

@dunk, i'm not sure about the VS AI being crossplay, never paid attention. I like gears MP but before i was always solo and i was alot worse at gears games, never really played it till gears 3 due to internet not being fast enough. Of course by then i just got my ass handed to me as i had no idea what i was doing in the mp and the people i was in game with were douche tools that cared more about bashing me than helping me, that is when my love of horde mode started. Would be awesome if it was crossplay. Maybe we can check it out the next time you seem me on :P

@scottman yeah when you play horde with randoms wave 25is is when alot of players get thier kills bounties and wave 20 they complete thier 20 wave bounties so they back out and start over as it's faster leveling up playing 20 rounds with a bounty twice than it is to play 50 waves. If you enjoy it solo, casual horde mode with the 200 kills bounty is good, as long as you can make it to wave 10 and kill 10 grubs you will get the 25k bouns xp, plus anywhere from 5k to 10k from ribbions giving you a total of 20k to 35k xp for 10 waves which is about the same as completing 50 waves with a squad.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Discord: 0420

Postby NecroAether » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Just ask dude, I'm all in for some Gears gameplay!!

View my Games
NecroAether
Cowpoke

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 76
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 4975

Return to Gears of War 4