A great rpg for SNES.

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

A great rpg for SNES.

Postby Fist_of_Metal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Secret of Evermore, I would call this game my favorite SNES game of all time. I played this game for days years ago...never beat it though. Don't think Wii shop has it though. Anyway all you retro rpg fans MUST check this game out!

That sentence had to many syllables! APOLOGIZE!
Fist_of_Metal
Hustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: A great rpg for SNES.

Postby BobaFett86 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Good thing I installed an snes emulator on my pc! Im going to check that out. :)
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Fist_of_Metal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Enjoy! btw where did you download your emulator from?

Fist_of_Metal
Hustler

Postby BobaFett86 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:46 pm

I would have to ask my brother because he put it on my computer via external harddrive. I will ask him and find out. :D
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:54 am

I remember this game. wow. yeah I think I may still have it around here somewhere. not sure if it still works though. I mean I haven't tried to run it in the SNES for years.
Grey
Stable Hand

Postby McMurphy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 am

I need to look up some more information about this game because it sounds really familiar; yet, I can't quite place a figure on why that would be.

I largely missed the SNES generation of RPG. The closes I currently have via WiiWare (or even emulation for that matter) is Secret of Mana, which I don't know how similar that game is to what you are describing.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 63
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Birthday

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am

Secret of Mana was something different. I think it was about 2 Kids, I don't remember for sure, it's been awhile since I had played it
Secret of Evermore, was about a boy and his dog.
Grey
Stable Hand

Postby BobaFett86 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am

So far secret of evermore is great! I love the artistic style of the game!
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

Postby Fist_of_Metal » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Yeah it's hella fun. Did you get the full button layout? I remember playing I didn't know that when your weapons level up you can hold the attack button and release to perform a more powerful attack. I got stuck at a boss because I didn't know about this.

Fist_of_Metal
Hustler

Postby Ichabod » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:41 am

I was obsessed with both Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore.

Secret of Mana came out first and it's fantastic weapon system and style of play set up Secret of Evermore.

What I remember of Secret of Evermore is that the kids and his dog are pulled through time, stopping in four distinct eras, though I don't remember why. Each era, your dog changes into a different type. Though weapons were quite awesome in this game, it was all about the magic. Spells used up ingredients and the more powerful the spell, the harder to get the ingredients.

That's about what I remember, but I would be drooling if Wii decided to put it out on the virtual console!!
Ichabod
2011 COD: Black Ops (Wii) Champion
2011 COD: Black Ops (Wii) Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Return to Retro Gaming