The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Re: The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Postby dryboned » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 am

SS Jethro wrote:Pokemon Blue....and my beloved Bulbasaur...on my neon green Gameboy that was like 10 feet tall and weighed like a 100 pounds...that and Rock and Roll Racing for the SNES and i agree with what our resident Fluff said...hes exactly right

One of the few people that chose Bulbasaur instead of Charmander?? :o
Been slinging shells since Super Mario Kart
dryboned
2011 Mario Kart Wii Champion

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Highscores: 3
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Destructiveforce » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:48 am

I have the giant neon green gameboy in my college room. :)
Destructiveforce
Rancher

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby SS Jethro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 pm

man i miss my old neon green Gameboy...the games were about as big as the DS and lol Dry...my Bulbasaur owned i really miss him too i would have loved to have him on my current games
[URL="http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?32563"]Image
Click here to level up my license![/URL]
SS Jethro
Green Horn

Postby dryboned » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:07 pm

me too, and my Pidgeot.
Been slinging shells since Super Mario Kart
dryboned

Highscores: 3

Postby Fayth » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm with Lee on this one, Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time was hands down thee best game I have ever played (I would say Final Fantasy but heh... S/E said __|__ to Nintendo lol)
Fayth
Stable Hand

Postby TomCat39 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm

It would be 3 different titles that I couldn't stop playing, two of which my friends and I couldn't stop playing. All on the NES.

Metroid
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Kart

For me the first Metroid with no maps and all the hidden passageways and the slow unveiling that Samus was a chick (eventually in a 2 piece bikini) hooked me entirely. I still play it today on the virtual console.

Then Super Mario Bros. captivated us for god knows how long. We got so good at the game we created challenges for ourselves. i.e. The highest score you could get on world 1-1. My friend had something like 49700 or maybe he broke 50K with 53200 or something. It's been years so I really don't remember what his top score was but he trumped our best. Before that it was to beat the game with 1 man without warping. We all did that one, if you died, you reset and started over. And we even found every glitch in the game. The secret warp to world 5 in world 1-2 or even -1 world (usually the warps are 2, 3 and 4). The deadly missing warp vine of 4-2. Or even magically appearing on the right edge of the screen only possible in world 4-2. Everywhere else you could not get past mid screen when running right. And lastly, the trap until time runs out glitch of the world 4-2 vine. We really did play this game WAAAAY to much.

Then lastly, we spent so much time racing and battling each other in Super Mario Kart that it was a guaranteed buy when it came out on N64. Man I loved the feather on some maps, all to escape that nasty red turtle.

Man the memories. Thanks for bringing back the unadulterated sweetness of this era! :twisted:
TomCat39
Cattle Rustler

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Slammer74 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Whilst I played Super Mario Bros and a couple of others, for me it was all about Zelda! Whether the originals or Ocarina (and yes I agree about Ocarina being a bit of a revolution at the time). The other one that stands out for me for some reason was Turok (original). I just seem to remember for that period of time that it was a cut above the others of that nature, whether due to the graphics or different weapons etc can no longer remember.

Good times.....

Gunslingers.... we're too old for your sh*t!!

PSN - Slammer74
Slammer74
Cowboy Bebop

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby rantercSR » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Woukd have to say super mario bros for m e we spent a lot of time playing this game..doing the warps... also doing the infinite life trick where you bounce the turtle by junping onit ..
Close ssecond would be legend of zelda..that flute tune comes to mind
rantercSR
Grave Digger

Postby McQueen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Super Mario 3!
Retired from gaming 2 March 2012.
McQueen
2012 GoldenEye Champion, GoldenEye Super Agent & 2011 TX Hold Em Champion
2012 GoldenEye Champion, GoldenEye Super Agent & 2011 TX Hold Em Champion

Postby BobaFett86 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

McQueen wrote:Super Mario 3!

THIS!!!!
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

Blog: View Blog (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Retro Gaming