The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Postby McMurphy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:51 pm

The Nintendo has put out some pretty iconic titles throughout its existence. For you, which game defines what Nintendo does best?

For me, I would have to say that the Nintendo 64's Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I am not going to say anything about the game that you haven't heard before, but I do believe that this is truly one of the extremely few games that can be listed as perfect. It embodied the retro while revolutionizing the gameplay of the franchise. It demonstrated the correct way of plugging 2D franchise characters of yesterday into the 3D post modern world of gaming.

To say that I was addicted to the game would be too nice to my sanity. I believe this game was a crowning achievement for Nintendo, and it reminded me that, no, I was not too old to be playing video games.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Postby Korchie » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:57 pm

I've never actually played N64 LoZ, even though I'm a big Zelda fan.. I never owned a n64 though.. so maybe I'll have to see if this one is on Wii Ware or something :D

But I mean, I would have to say the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES or Super Mario World for SNES. Super Mario World is probably my favorite Nintendo game everrr... :D
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Bounty Hunter

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 9370

Postby WadeVC » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Most defining game for the Nintendo, for me, has to simply be Super Mario. Bros. Who would have thought that such a simple platform game could become so addicting and just plain fun.

Sure, there are games such as Zelda, Paperboy and the like that are indeed great games, but alas it is the one and only original Mario Bros that, at least to me, hooked me on the new breed of console games/gaming.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
WadeVC
Saloon Keeper

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Mr. Fluffy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:25 pm

If it wasn't for this game, 3/4 of us wouldn't be here online talking and chatting to each other. This is the one game I played endlessly as a young boy.

View my Games
Mr. Fluffy
Dry Goods Merchant

Games: 2
Highscores: 2

Postby Chris » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 am

I would have to go with SNES Super Mario World. This was a game I could not stop playing. I had played it once at a friend's house and bought the snes system just to play that game, lol. Most recently, I even downloaded it to the wii but still need to get the wii classic controller to play it agin. Soon I will get the classic controller.
Chris
Cowpoke

Postby dryboned » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 am

Super Mario 64.
Been slinging shells since Super Mario Kart
dryboned
2011 Mario Kart Wii Champion
2011 Mario Kart Wii Champion

Highscores: 3

Postby Destructiveforce » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am

dryboned wrote:Super Mario 64.

This, and:

Destructiveforce
Rancher

Postby GSThorny » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:56 am

ocarina of time was truely great!
GSThorny
Cattle Rustler

Postby MikeyFromSantee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:06 pm

WadeVC wrote:Most defining game for the Nintendo, for me, has to simply be Super Mario. Bros. Who would have thought that such a simple platform game could become so addicting and just plain fun.

Sure, there are games such as Zelda, Paperboy and the like that are indeed great games, but alas it is the one and only original Mario Bros that, at least to me, hooked me on the new breed of console games/gaming.

Couldn't have said it better. Super Mario Bros. FTW!

Mike Ellis, a.k.a. MikeyFromSantee
San Diego, CA, USA
Pokémon Professor
Tournament Organizer | VG Judge | TCG Judge

I'm currently playing Pokemon Alpha, Pokemon Omega
View my Games
MikeyFromSantee
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (3)
Discord: 8546

Postby SS Jethro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am

Pokemon Blue....and my beloved Bulbasaur...on my neon green Gameboy that was like 10 feet tall and weighed like a 100 pounds...that and Rock and Roll Racing for the SNES and i agree with what our resident Fluff said...hes exactly right
[URL="http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?32563"]Image
Click here to level up my license![/URL]
SS Jethro
Green Horn

Next

Return to Retro Gaming