The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Re: The Game That Defines Nintendo For You

Postby Squiglet » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Too hard to do. I can't think of any Nintendo experience that wasn't amazing.

If I had to choose, it might have to be Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven stars. Proof that nintendo can take any genre, and make a legendary masterpiece.
Squiglet
Rancher

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby devilmoon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 am

Merky Water wrote:The Zelda series certainly is it for me. If i had to pick just one? ...The Legend of Zelda - the game that started it all. Game had it all for it's day and still has playability now(when nostalgic). sure graphics and controls have improved over the years but never was it so dangerous to go alone.

This!

I went from playing my cousin's Atari 2600 to the NES, so the sheer scale of the world was mind boggling at the time. Going from Adventure (with actual dragons!) to this was what hooked me on the platform. A Link to the Past is probably the quintessential game in the series, but when I think about what started it all for me, the game in the shiny gold cartridge wins it.
"Fall down seven times, get up eight" --Japanese proverb
--- --- ---
PSN/XBL/Steam: DevilMoon42
devilmoon
Cowpoke

Postby Crinklepouch » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Super Mario Bros. not only defines Nintendo for me but video games in general. It pretty much single-handedly saved video games, and every game you play from Destiny to Halo to Splatoon has this game to thank, at least a little. It's still fun 30 years later, even though some games in the series may be better.

I'm currently playing Overwatch, Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 41
Blog: View Blog (7)
Discord: 9782

Postby PufftheMagicDragon » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 am

It's hard to narrow it down to just one. I think Super Metroid stood out to me more than any other game. It was all about creative thinking and using everything at your disposal to get through the game. I love how the developers actually expected people to use sequence breaking and designed the game in such a way that people could more or less create their own unique experience.

Final Fantasy III (it's VI now) is also stood out to me and made me fall in love with JRPGs. I can still hear the overworld theme, battle theme, and boss music playing when I think of it.
PufftheMagicDragon
Green Horn

Previous

Return to Retro Gaming