A question to any NES owner

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

A question to any NES owner

Postby vhr2121 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Just got it on my mind and I got kinda curious. What accesories did you (or still do) have when you were using the NES?

On my case, I have the Satellite (Yes, that infrared 4-player adaptor), since I had Nintendo World Cup and Super Spike V'ball.

Also the Zapper (it came included with the console and the two in one games Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I think it was called Action Deck... I'll check it out on the wiki later) for Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley (man I loved the second one, the first... not so much, lol).

And last but not least, the NES Advantage. Heh, that big controller, It was a very nice accesory to have. I used it when I needed "turbo" power (I'm looking at you, Track & Field... and you too, Contra and Super C!) or when I wanted to play a game a bit different... like arcade style, lol.

So... yeah, just wondering. Fire your comments away! Heh :D

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros
View my Games
vhr2121
Smash Bros Keeper of Das Boot
Smash Bros Keeper of Das Boot

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 0605

Re: A question to any NES owner

Postby Korchie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:41 pm

I only have the zapper. Never had any other add-ons to it either... I was very young when I actively played NES though as well (I was born in '86... not even sure what year my parents bought it.. but there's pics of me playing it at age 3 or so heh :geek: ).

I do still have my NES... it doesn't work all that great, but it works!! I wouldn't even know where to start with those things. I do remember playing with that giant joystick thing at a friends ;) .
:somerandr: Image

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Korchie
Bounty Hunter

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370

Postby Sosyc » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:55 pm

I still have my Rob the Robot, Power glove, Power Pad, and the good ol' NES advantage arcade stick
Image Image ImageImage
Sosyc
Bootlegger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby scion of tea » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Only the zapper, and even then it was only because it came with the console. I've never really got into accessories. It was only in the last year that I used a NES Advantage for the first time (and it was rubbish :P )
No one ever reviews Xbox Live indie games. Now I do: http://indieocean.wordpress.com/

scion of tea
Grave Digger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby jbake3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:12 am

Sosyc wrote:I still have my Rob the Robot, Power glove, Power Pad, and the good ol' NES advantage arcade stick

Man!! I always wanted that damn power glove! That thing was so cool! What game was. That marketed for? I cant even remember now.
jbake3
Trail Guide

Postby RLGORMORTIS » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 am

totally taking a road trip to sosyc to use his power glove :twisted:
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
― Frank Sinatra

RLGORMORTIS
Quick Thumbs

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)

Postby jbake3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 am

RLGORMORTIS wrote:totally taking a road trip to sosyc to use his power glove :twisted:

No kidding right? :D
jbake3
Trail Guide

Postby Merky Water » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:33 pm

zapper(bright orange one came with it but DOA so they replaced with the boring gray)
NES Advantage (i think this is what caused my sis to buy a 64 controller with turbo buttons when that time came around... or perhaps she just liked that transparent controller)

does Game Genie count? i wonder if this 'tool' led to the influx of cheaters and hackers present day

i also had some adapter that let me play super little 3rd party cartridges in the NES... Aladdin Deck Enhancer... all i remember was using it to play Micro Machines

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

Games: 39
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Return to Retro Gaming