Your N64 Library

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Your N64 Library

Postby McMurphy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:12 pm

All the recent buzz around the Nintendo Wii remake of fan favorite GoldenEye 007 got me a little sentimental over my old N64 collection. I even took the time to try a few of them out. Naturally, seeing games for the first time in about a decade brings some surprises. Some of them still stood up as great games, while others sort of embarrassed me that I once spent hours on them. Regardless, it was a great trip down memory lane.

What is/was your N64 library?

I will start things off by listing mine and giving a 1-5 rating next to them to reflect my personal feelings about the quality of the game. The following list is in no particular order (translation: I am too lazy to put the games in alpha):
Super Mario 64 ~ (5 Stars)
Shadowgate: The Trial of the Two Towers ~ (3 Stars)
South Park ~ 2 Stars
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time ~ (5 Stars)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ~ (4 Stars)
Micro Machines 64 ~ (2.5 Stars)
Glover ~ (2 Stars)
Superman 64 (1 Star)
Extreme G ~ (4 Stars)
Mario Kart 64 ~ (4.5 Stars)
Conker's Bad Fur Day ~ (5 Stars)
Paper Mario ~ (4 Stars)
Castlevania 64 ~ (4 Stars)
Resident Evil 2 ~ (5 Stars)
Ready 2 Rumble ~ (2.5 Stars)
Star Wars Racer ~ (3 Stars)
Quest 64 ~ (2 Stars)
Turok ~ (3.5 Stars)
Westlemania 2000 (1 Star)
Toy Story 2 (1.5 Stars)
Excitebike 64 ~ (4 Stars)

It feels like I am forgetting one that I don't have anymore, but I can't think of it now.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: Your N64 Library

Postby geo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

i had SMB 64,,,ocarina,,,bond 007,,and mk 64,,,didnt have the 64 for all that long,,sold it for something,,or traded it,oh well :mrgreen:
geo
Trail Guide

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Balki » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 pm

I recieved the n64 for my 18th birthday. It was the first time i had owned the latest console since the sega master system (never owned a genesis or Snes - hired them out sometimes though). The analog controller and 3D mario just blew me away. I had one game at first- mario 64, which i swopped over for mario kart 64 (if i was only to own 1 game, mario kart wins over mario 64), then purchased mario 64 a little later.

All my carts are packed away in a box, the 64 looks terrible on HD tv, better off hooking up an old tube tv, which is why they're packed away.

So from memory -
Mario 64 4/5
Mario Kart 4/5
Diddy Kong Racing 4/5
Donkey Kong 64 4/5
Banjo-Kazooie 4/5
Banjo-Tooie 5/5
Cruisin' USA 3/5
Goldeneye 4/5
Perfect Dark 5/5
South Park Rally 3/5
Killer Instinct Gold 4/5
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 3/5
Star Wars Pod Racer 3/5
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 5/5 *one of the best star wars games ever!
Micro Machines 4/5

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (1)
Discord: 1534

Postby McMurphy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Balki wrote:I recieved the n64 for my 18th birthday. It was the first time i had owned the latest console since the sega master system (never owned a genesis or Snes - hired them out sometimes though). The analog controller and 3D mario just blew me away. I had one game at first- mario 64, which i swopped over for mario kart 64 (if i was only to own 1 game, mario kart wins over mario 64), then purchased mario 64 a little later.

We have such a close story! I never outright owned the SNES or Genesis (I picked up the system way after the console's lifespan), so the N64 was my entry back into gaming. I got the system for my 19th Birthday. :D

Balki wrote:Diddy Kong Racing 4/5
Cruisin' USA 3/5

Ah! I had those two as well! I still stick by Diddy Kong Racing. Like CTR, it has a fantastic story mode to accompany the fun racing experience.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 66
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Discord: 3674

Postby Dick Lazer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 am

n64, good times, good times. i have well over 100 games, but i did have a few favs. perfect dark, conkers bad fur day, anything mario or zelda. i had a few racers i also loved, beetle adverture racing, hydro thunder, and that starwars pod racer.
the n64 is still set up in my daughters room, and used daily. the 4 year old loves conker! :lol:
"the poo monster only eats the sweetest corn, daddy" she told me, and " look dad, you have to pee on um"!! i thought that title was a little over the top for nintendo, the cussing/drinking and all. love it.
xbl gt=RichardLazer~~~~~ psn=DLckLazer
Dick Lazer
Bootlegger

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Sgt Phantomizer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Mine's kinda funny...back in 07, my mom had a pair of chihuahuas that had just had puppies and i DID NOT want my folks to get rid of them (funny, as nowadays i'm anything BUT a dog person....cats FTW!!!), so my mom was like "If we keep them, then you won't get that N64 you wanted for xmas...." and that was that :lol:

I had my N64 since then, it started malfunctioning so i went and bought another, all my games (except a select few) are in good shape and have the original box and manual.

Conkers Bad Fur Day - 4 Stars.
Diddy Kong Racing - 5 Stars <------Simply because i spent HOURS trying to beat the entire game....and then some!
Gauntlet Legends - 5 Stars (talk about Co-Op Heaven!).
Goemon's Great Adventure - 4 Stars (Don't blame you if your assuming i imported this from Japan, well, i didn't, this one came out here in the states).
Jet Force Gemini - 5 Stars (Doesn't hold up as well today, i tried it a few months ago....HORRENDOUS controls).
Mario Golf - 4 Stars.
Mario Kart 64 - 4 Stars.
Mario Party - 5 Stars.
Mario Party 2 - 4 Stars.
Mario Party 3 - 4 Stars.
Snowboard Kids - 3 Stars.
Super Smash Bros - 4 Stars.
Xena Warrior Princess - 2 Stars.
Super Mario 64 - 4 Stars.
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - 5 Stars.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 5 Stars.

The last 3 titles are the cartridge-only with just OoT having the Manual, i've wanted to re-purchase these games with their original box and manuals for a few years, but due to the cost, i've held back. I'm also looking to add Majora's Mask, Quest 64 and both Castlevania games to my collection someday, i know they weren't "da bomb", but those were my first exposure into the Castlevania franchise and i found them really good.
Sgt Phantomizer
Grave Digger

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby FishinNick » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Thinking about my N64 definately brought back some great memories! Good times indeed, especially when you got to use "the Rumble Pack"! Here is most of the games that I remember owning. I guess my rating would be closer to amount of time played as opposed to gameplay.

Goldeneye 007 - 5
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 5
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 4
Mario Kart 64 - 5
Super Mario 64 - 4.5
Donkey Kong 64 - 5
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - 5
Aero Fighters Assault - 4
Gauntlet Legends - 4
Mission Impossible - 3
Turok - 3
Pilot Wing 64 - 3
Tony Hawks Pro Skater - 3
NFL Quarterback Club - 3
Cruis'n USA - 2.5

Random Games that I owned: Clay Fighters, Earthworm Jim 3D, Banjoe-Kazooie, GT 64, Kobe Bryant/NBA Courtside, and Madden.

The Walking Turret
PSN = fishinnick24
XBL = FishinNick
FishinNick
Bank Robber

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Highscores: 18

Postby CarlMuir » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

All you needed where the Zelda's, Banjo-Tooie, Golden Eye and the epic THQ wrestling games like WCW vs Nitro!
PSN : CarlMuir
CarlMuir
Cowpoke

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Return to Retro Gaming