The Worst Game You Loved

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Re: The Worst Game You Loved

Postby RLGORMORTIS » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 am

Me and my lil bro spent hours and days on toejam and earl with no idea we were gathering ship pieces just trying to progress up levels. But our favorite game was Battle Hunter on the original playstation
You went through a lil cheesy platform dungeon hunting items and attacking each other taking there items turnbased like xcom. All to escape so u can sell stuff to the pawn shop guy who would haggle and randomly just take your items if u tried to haggle too much.
LoL almost forgot MANIC MANSION on nes no idea on the story line but the 8-bit music for each character was awesome
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
― Frank Sinatra

RLGORMORTIS
Quick Thumbs

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Cope » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:56 am

Cope
Undertaker

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Snoggins » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 am

McQueen wrote:

Hardcore Gaming 101 wrote:The first RPG available on the SNES, Drakkhen is utterly unlike any other RPG released on the system from then on. One minute it's a first person fast-scrolling adventure game, and then it's suddenly a graphic adventure in the style of King's Quest or Secret of Monkey Island. It starts out seeming to be a pretty standard western RPG, but then the story, monsters, and even the music takes a turn for the weird.

This game was downright evil. I remember loving it as a kid, but absolutely hating the oppressive difficulty and weird, weird pacing. (I seem to remember taking a lot of shields off of walls for some reason.) And, why do I seem to remember being able to walk backwards past some really nasty dragons or something? Man now I wanna download it and try to replay it again. I bet that'd keep me busy for five minutes
Snoggins
Stable Hand

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby scion of tea » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:58 am

ImageImage

Asterix was the first game I owned when I finally managed to buy a Game Boy after a couple of years of wanting one. I don't remember why I got it. Maybe it came with the Game Boy, or maybe I just went for a game with a familiar name attached. In any case, it was a very, very mediocre and forgettable platformer - but it was (for a while) my one and only game for my first handheld, so I played it to death and loved it.
No one ever reviews Xbox Live indie games. Now I do: http://indieocean.wordpress.com/

scion of tea
Grave Digger

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RLGORMORTIS » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:21 pm

How can i forget a personal favorite FPS. Timesplitters it had like 3 games and really no basis other then this. It had about 100+ characters to choose from, you could create your own maps for multiplayer, and honestly it was all short stories no long one player story. Best part story mode was co-op.

The characters ranged from demented zombie fishwifes to cute monkeys and gingerbread men. A personal favorite of my was R-One-Oh-Seven a guy in the future who thought he was a robot and wore cardboard boxes to make himself look like one. And of course all characters had there own set of phrases.

Would have been a spectacular game for online but it didnt have a very good server. But it had the original zombie mode/infestation mode. It was called infected, one character out of 4 humans and 8 bots was infected he could only melee and he/she was glowing eerie green. As the mode goes if he/she meleed you, you became one. IT WAS AWESOME especially in some of the more cryptic levels like the gothic church/hospital.

P.S. and yes ladies you have a very wide selection of female characters from buxom police officers to space marines.
“Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.”
― Frank Sinatra

RLGORMORTIS
Quick Thumbs

Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (5)

Previous

Return to Retro Gaming