Mattel Handhelds

Do you recall all the wasted hours on the games and consoles of the past? Everything from the first Playstation and the Nintendo 64 to the NES and the Dreamcast is fair "game" here.

Please forgive the lame pun.

Mattel Handhelds

Postby WadeVC » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 pm

As the title implies, these are hand-helds and not consoles, but what great games these were for the times. Back in 1976, Mattel started to release various hand-held games; but unlike today's full-blown graphics,the gameplay was little more than LED lights that the player moved across the screen with directional arrows or buttons.

Below are the Mattel hand-helds that I owned and spent many, many hours playing:

Does anyone else remember these nifty hand-helds by any chance? If so, what was your favorite.

As for me, I'd have to say, hands down, that the Football hand-held was my favorite...and I still own these vintage games as well.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
WadeVC
Saloon Keeper

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Mattel Handhelds

Postby OilBaron » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Wade,
I remember the baseball game, or something similar.
You've Got Shell In Your Eye

OilBaron
Cattle Rustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: Mattel Handhelds

Postby Ichabod » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:13 pm

ROFLAO. These are before my time, but not by much. When I was too small, and before my dad would let us kids play with the Nintendo (mostly because of our messy mimicking of blowing spit in the games!), he handed ALL of those over to us. I hated them, but couldn't keep my hands off of them. I had forgotten all about them until I saw those pictures. :D Thanks!!

... ... aaagh, memories.
Ichabod
2011 COD: Black Ops (Wii) Champion
2011 COD: Black Ops (Wii) Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Return to Retro Gaming