Destiny 2

Forget the gaming consoles. Your personal computer has always been where you spend your time. Talk about your PC ventures here.

Destiny 2

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

So Destiny 2 is officially coming to PC, via blizzards battle.net service.. anyone plan on getting this game and or thoughts due to battle.net ONLY and not on steam?

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 10
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 2609

Re: Destiny 2

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:47 am

Never enjoyed the first one (just couldn't get into it), so take this opinion with a grain of salt. Having it on the Blizzard App means beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will never buy it on PC. I have a decent gaming pc. Not state of the art, but still does what I need it to do. But I have a son who plays all the games I do. Having it on Blizzard (or Ubisoft, or Origin, or anything else besides Steam) means I have to buy the game twice for him to play it, one copy for my account, one for his, thanks to Blizzard (and others like them) not allowing any form of family sharing. This right here is the PC master races biggest and ugliest problem. They're great for a one gamer household, but terribly designed for families (unless of course you buy strictly Steam store games, but then you're missing out on a huge majority of Triple AAA games). I buy a game on my console, digital or not, and I can share it with my family if they want to play on their own account, get their own achievements, and level up their own characters.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, The Division, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 40
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby dotZ » Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 pm

i'll probably try it out ones it comes out. but i were kinda worried when i heard that blizzard has partnered up in this game for a couple reasons.

1. i'm worried that they will turn it into a subscription fee type of game, like WoW.
2. the fact that they are in charge of the ingame store, makes me worried about future dlc's being charged unecessary and/or overpriced, or worse turning it into a p2w type of game.

View my Games
dotZ
Cowpoke

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Games: 63
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 8106

Postby Fed Architect » Mon May 22, 2017 3:36 am

I doubt I will get in on PC just because I know more people who will be getting it on console. With that being said, I think having it on Battle.net is the best decision (minus the sharing thing that hurts people like Dunk) they could have made. It is the best way of making sure people on PC don't cheat or hack. Yes, I know people still will do it, but they are much better at banning accounts than Steam every will be. Just look at Overwatch as the best example.

I do, however, think the PC version will have a bunch of issues. It is already scheduled to get released later and games made strictly for console that get ported to PC generally do not fair well. Just my two cents. :D
Xbox Live Fed Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 8
Highscores: 1

Postby gobi42 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Being disappointed by the first one, I will most likely be passing on this game. For starters it's on blizzard and as far as i know have no refund policy. Not going to risk it on a game that i also don't think will do well on PC. It looks like it's going to be a good game on console. With it coming out on PC later than console i feel most players that would buy it, will have already bought it on console. The division is in a pretty good place with some year 2 content coming out that isn't going to cost me anything and will give me the same experience as Destiny 2. Plus i know people already have it and can be most likely talked into playing it again for a few days.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (6)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 2564

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Fri May 26, 2017 1:50 pm

I'm pretty much on the laid back side of this one. while there are ... hopes... thats about all there is for me right now.. seeing as my ps4 has failed me, IF and big IF I get destiny2 it'll be PC as I never see this game coming to the switch.

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Postby ryhaigh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

I played the first one regularly with a pretty good crew of gunslingers on PS4. I am converting to PC as that is my device of choice, so I'm hoping that there will be a crew of slingers that will be playing the secone one on PC too.
URL=http://s971.photobucket.com/user/ryhaigh/media/Banner3.jpg.html]Image[/URL

View my Games
ryhaigh
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Games: 36
Discord: 1614

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 am

seems to be a number of slingers planning to get this on PC even if it's in-addition to a console version, which gives me hope and makes me actually consider getting this game.

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Postby Keepps » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:34 am

I played a fair bit of the first one. I tried the PC beta and it seemed, gameplay-wise, to be more of the same, which is good (fun gunplay) and bad (kind of grindy). But then again, there's the MMO aspect which you don't get to try in the beta. Bottom line: I'm going to wait for the reviews. I'd definitely like to see a GS PC group for this though.

View my Games
Keepps
Green Horn

Games: 2
Discord: 3729

Postby Crarock » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

i will be getting it as i felt from what i played of the first one its felt like it would be the sort of game i could enjoy but i just dont play on consoles so didnt get that far in to it mainly because i have an amazing gaming PC so spent 95% of my time playing on that
as for it only being available on battle.net i dont have a problem with this as i own every other blizzard game anyway and spend most of my time playing on WoW

View my Games
Crarock
Green Horn

Games: 3
Discord: 2382

Next

Return to PC Gaming