Login with a social network:

Halo 5 Noob

Put on your space helmets, Gunslingers, because Halo calls us into action once again in Halo 5: Guardians!

Halo 5 Noob

Postby HumpiestRocket » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

I recently got Halo 5 and I've never played multiplayer on Halo before. Are there any tips which I could perhaps use? Are there some regular players who I could perhaps tag along with?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
HumpiestRocket
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Halo 5 Noob

Postby DUNDEAL » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:31 am

I think my biggest thing that helped me was turning down the sensitivity. The default sensitivity while using the AR is fine but for everything else I was always missing my shots.
Rocket I know there's a post somewhere in the halo hub with some tips and info :)
Oh yeah always stick with someone ALWAYS this game is all about the team shot and assist, don't lone wolf it.
See ya out there :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DUNDEAL
Bandito

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby HumpiestRocket » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for the tips, they are really helpful. I'll try look for that post to pick up on some more tips :) And hopefully will be able to get on with some GS folk.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
HumpiestRocket
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Halo 5 Noob

Postby Sticky » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Babyboythegod posted a great tips guide on here recently. I've put the link below.

For me the one main thing that really helped was to slow down. I'd always run round like a man possessed, causing a delay in scoping time when I'd finally bump into an enemy player, and it extends your shield recharge times.

Oh, and don't be afraid to run the opposite way if you get a group ahead of you. It's very rare in this game you can take on 2-3 players at once and win. I'm all for being a chicken s**t

Tips for halo 5
viewtopic.php?t=24007

See you in the game ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View my Games
Stable Hand

Games: 30
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9520

Postby Davo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi Gents,
Im looking to join some halo 5 games, but need to be carried as my skills are lacking...
Davo
Green Horn

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Halo 5 Noob

Postby DUNDEAL » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Davo what's your gamer tag?
Never mind it's you Gen from halo4 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DUNDEAL
Bandito

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Pikan Rikan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:35 pm

I would echo some of the tips above as I was pretty piss poor at this game at launch but I've noticed my gameplay has improved quite a bit these past few weeks.

This is definitely a game where you want to play smart and not be Rambo. Be a team player and provide support as much as possible when you're still figuring things out. I tend to play more defensively and provide cover than to be in the front lines. One CTF match I remember, I didn't leave our base the entire match but stayed to protect the flag which ultimately helped my team score and win.

In Arena matches, learn where the power weapons are. Not just the big ones with the countdown timer (usually sniper or rockets) but the hidden power weapons and items like the BR, DMR, Carbine, Needler, Overshield, etc, that spawn in the same places. Knowing those (and learning how to use them) can give you an edge.

I struggled in Warzone a lot at first but what helped me is patience. Whenever, I tried to join my teammates to capture the next base or take down a boss, I would usually get killed from far away or from behind. Instead of running into the fray right away after a respawn, I assess the battlefield and figure out where the enemy players are at, then plan my route and/or attack. Then I can take an alternative route or stay in my base to kill enemies from afar before I try to leave and go for the objective.

Feel free to add me as I find myself enjoying Halo 5 more and more each time I play!

Xbox Live: Pikan Rikan
Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Prosecutor14 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Learning the maps are half the battle -- this is best done in customs with friends or by youself. You automatically gain an the advantage knowing exits and weapon spawns for each of the maps. Remember weapons/armor spawn in again 2 min after being taken -- keep an eye on that clock!
Prosecutor14
Stable Hand

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby BuriedSet127 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 am

I'm a noob too. BuriedSet127 if anyone wants to play.
BuriedSet127
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Return to Halo 5: Guardians