Login with a social network:

Is this lag or hacking?

Put on your space helmets, Gunslingers, because Halo calls us into action once again in Halo 5: Guardians!

Is this lag or hacking?

Postby RodFlanders11 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 am

I see this once or twice a night. My connection does not lag in any game.

What does the below look like to you guys?

RodFlanders11
Cattle Rustler

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Is this lag or hacking?

Postby Hir3ling » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:59 pm

If it happens over and over with the same person then I'd say he may be doing something shady...but it looks like lag to me.

I have a 75M up and 75M down connection so I rarely lag myself...but once in a blue moon I will get that blip. Like here...guy coming up the ladder:

XB1-GT: Hir3ling
~Non Compos Mentis~

View my Games
Hir3ling
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 21
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:07 pm

I've had this happen to me alot, as outlined in the post I wrote about it here:

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=440&t=23812

I'm not sure what it is, lag, server glitch, internet problems, but everything runs as smooth as butter except for that, which makes me wonder what the heck it is. Would it be lag if nothing else lags? I've had several enemies in front of me and only one of them is doing this, so I dunno. My internet is fine, my connection is open, so I think it's a server glitch. It's sporadic though, and sometimes I can go days without it happening.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Crof2003 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 pm

I feel this is just normal lag, as I see it from time to time too.

Dedicated servers are not a fix-all for laggy games, they are simply a tool developers can use to make online play more consistent.

<rant>
Now personally, I feel that the game should punish THEM for having the laggy connection and make THEM jump back to the correct position on their screen (rubber-band lag like COD/Battlefield). Yes it's annoying when it happens to you, but if you're lagging I don't feel you should inadvertantly get an advantage because your jumping around on everyone elses screen. Everyone should be randomly jumping around on your screen.
</rant>
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Return to Halo 5: Guardians