Login with a social network:

WTF??? How??

Put on your space helmets, Gunslingers, because Halo calls us into action once again in Halo 5: Guardians!

WTF??? How??

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Okay so tonight I played two matches solo, two different lobies, different opponents each time. First match was on Regret. One guy on enemy team was teleporting all over hell and gone. One minute he was right in front of me, then he would vanish, and a second later he was behind me. This happened every time I encountered him. Aside from that the game ran smooth as warm butter. It didn't seem like a glitch at all, like I didn't feel there was any hacking or lagging or anything, just a normal ass game, except for that. So thinking maybe it was me, or maybe it was the lobby, or anything really, I left that game, did a quick network settings check (everything was good, open NAT, no packet loss, awesome download and upload speeds) and then started another match. It put me on Regret again, completely different opponents, but there was one guy doing the exact same thing, teleporting behind me, beside me, disappearing, all that good stuff, but again, it didn't feel laggy or hacky or anything.

So my question is, is there a perk or something that I don't know about that lets you teleport at will wherever you want to go? Or is it possible that there is some questionable stuff going on here?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: WTF??? How??

Postby Crof2003 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:35 pm

It'd be interested to see the theater replay of that match. Haven't seen issues like that yet.
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Babyboythegod » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:36 pm

My only guess was that is was some kind of lag. But not on your end. Remember it runs on dedicated server so if someone is lagging it would just be one person. It depends on how well you can connect to server determines your connection, they probably had bad connections.

Only thing I can think of.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 1
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh duh, I completely forgot about theater mode. I'll get a video for it and post back here :D Would really like to know what was going on.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Fed Architect » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:39 am

I am sure it was lag. I had two matches in a row where this happened and the only indication of lag was the guy teleporting until I finally rubberbanded once and I knew I was screwed. :D
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8

Postby DUNDEAL » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:44 am

I haven't noticed any lag yet, but I've been getting disconnected and booted which I think the game is giving me quits, which sucks and I swear it only happens the games where I'm actually doing good which is few and far between :(
Anyone know if I still get credit for the kills when I get disconnected?

www.twitch.tv/dundeal_
DUNDEAL
Bandito

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby beziergrin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Just switched from the 360 to the One so I could experience the better system and this new game - had the same experience.

The game ran fine, except when I was ADS on someone. Weird, because basically if I explain that outside of my head it sounds like im just salty (Im not so great at this game anyway). However, I am streaming on twitch so if pressed I can lookup exactly that.

Actually, I just found out that my router's balancing system was limited on upload taking away about 2 mbps on my upload; now here is why I bring that up. Back in the day if you asked "How much upload do these games take" you would generally get the response that it was barely 20 megs a month. Yeah, well that is BS - I have load tests running to get my system working and Halo5 as well as Destiny take about 10% minimum of your upload speed and "Donate" it to the load balance of the database systems for cloud gaming.

So, yes these games are amazing - but I am certainly catching lag travel on PVP matches far more than I would like.

Short answer as well, really make sure you are updated on tech with your router, the newer systems are really testing the limits in how data is handled up and down stream. (Not that that kid with the lag switch does not exist, you know who you are you little bastard)
The Last Biscuit Is Mine

View my Games
beziergrin
Stable Hand

Games: 2

Postby Havoc2049 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:53 pm

I experienced crazy lag the other day for about three matches. I would be teleporting and rubber-banding around the map like crazy. Pop up on the map and all of a sudden dead and then not able to respawn for long periods of time. It sucked.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

Postby burnt_me » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:57 am

Fed Architect wrote:I am sure it was lag. I had two matches in a row where this happened and the only indication of lag was the guy teleporting until I finally rubberbanded once and I knew I was screwed. :D

I don't see any LAAAAAAAAG!!!!

Jk it's there... Every game lags.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

burnt_me
WANTED

Postby burnt_me » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:58 am

dunkaroo69 wrote:Okay so tonight I played two matches solo, two different lobies, different opponents each time. First match was on Regret. One guy on enemy team was teleporting all over hell and gone. One minute he was right in front of me, then he would vanish, and a second later he was behind me. This happened every time I encountered him. Aside from that the game ran smooth as warm butter. It didn't seem like a glitch at all, like I didn't feel there was any hacking or lagging or anything, just a normal ass game, except for that. So thinking maybe it was me, or maybe it was the lobby, or anything really, I left that game, did a quick network settings check (everything was good, open NAT, no packet loss, awesome download and upload speeds) and then started another match. It put me on Regret again, completely different opponents, but there was one guy doing the exact same thing, teleporting behind me, beside me, disappearing, all that good stuff, but again, it didn't feel laggy or hacky or anything.

So my question is, is there a perk or something that I don't know about that lets you teleport at will wherever you want to go? Or is it possible that there is some questionable stuff going on here?

I think it's the packet loss armor mod. You can only get it if you pay for the season pass while performing the konami code.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

burnt_me
WANTED

Next

Return to Halo 5: Guardians