Login with a social network:

What's the word on Halo 5 friends?

Put on your space helmets, Gunslingers, because Halo calls us into action once again in Halo 5: Guardians!

Re: What's the word on Halo 5 friends?

Postby turk mcgurk » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:38 am

Visuals, everything you could expect from a new gen Halo, love em
Gameplay, a few tweaks to the controls take some getting used to, but smooth & responsive
Campaign, tougher than ever. 4 players on heroic felt challenging & fun
Multiplayer, smooth. Only 1 lag issue & 1 server disconnect in 10 hours of gameplay on launch day. Impressed.

Dislikes
Only a very minor complaint here, Warzone is almost too large scale & chaotic. Not the classic Halo expirence. Arena Slayer 4v4 is too small. But it IS the classic Halo that I love. So hoping for some game modes soon to fill the gap.

Ill be playing alot again today & I cant wait to get home!
Ben in real life, turk mcgurk on XBOX1

I'm currently playing Gears of War 4
View my Games
turk mcgurk
Bootlegger

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 5
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Wutsittou » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:05 am

I played through the first 7 missions so far. I haven't paid much attention to the overall lore of Halo, so picking up the story might be a bit difficult for some. However, a little bit of research goes a long way ;-). However, it still feels like there are holes left unfilled and the characters seem meh. I'm only half ways through so things might get better. Most complaints revolve around this and honestly it really isn't that big of deal to me because....

The gameplay is superb, quite satisfying, and fun. The controls are so smooth. Been awhile since I've played a game that felt like that.
The game is beautiful and full of color. It reminded me of Metroid Prime on Gamecube. Sometimes, I just like to stare at the details put into the levels.

I have yet to try MP. I will probably complete the campaign before I do.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, Diablo III, Halo 5, Neverwinter: Stronghold
View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 25
Discord: 298465

Postby Crof2003 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:18 am

RodFlanders11 wrote:...It was what you would expect from a halo game with the addition of 3 AI controlled (although they can be human) squad mates...

I'm playing some of the campaign with a group of 4 of us and it works really well. During some of the 'on-rails' game play sections where the game is controlling your person for you to get through a scene, each player sometimes sees something different - which I think is kind of a neat touch.

turk mcgurk wrote:Dislikes
Only a very minor complaint here, Warzone is almost too large scale & chaotic. Not the classic Halo expirence....

Completely agree. Warzone was a very frustrating experience. We understood the objective (capture the bases) but didn't understand how to do this objective. The AI enemies also didn't seem to add anything to the game play - almost as if they were just kind of sprinkled on top an after thought. I'm looking forward to trying this game mode again this weekend with a group to figure it out, but I'm not impressed at the moment.

Arena, on the other hand, was very fun :D
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Pikan Rikan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:45 am

Babyboythegod wrote:
Pikan Rikan wrote:Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I'm super excited and I hope my console arrives on time so I can join in the fun this weekend!

Definitely! Hopefully it comes no problems. You going to be on all night friday? thats my day for all nighter, and saturday.

I wish I could be on Friday night but I have a work-related event in the evening, it's a Halloween themed reception with lots of schoozing and boozing so at least it will be fun. After the event though, I plan on setting up my console so I can download my digital copy of Halo overnight and take a first crack at it Saturday morning.

Xbox Live: Pikan Rikan
Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Pikan Rikan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm stoked! My console arrived a day early so I get to set it up and start DLing the game tonight.

Oh no..."cough, cough". I think I'm coming down with something and I might have to call in sick to work tomorrow!

Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm

Pikan Rikan wrote:I'm stoked! My console arrived a day early so I get to set it up and start DLing the game tonight.

Oh no..."cough, cough". I think I'm coming down with something and I might have to call in sick to work tomorrow!

Sweet!!! I may or may not still have you on my friends list, but if not, shoot me a friend request! My Halo time is sporadic at the moment (new baby makes it hard sometimes :P ) but I'm down to play whenever I'm on.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby MadMacs77 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:28 am

I was pretty disappointed in the campaign, and I'm thinking of trying to get my money back.
https://www.the100.io/groups/1317/

View my Games
MadMacs77
Cowboy

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 7

Postby Pikan Rikan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:23 am

dunkaroo69 wrote:
Pikan Rikan wrote:I'm stoked! My console arrived a day early so I get to set it up and start DLing the game tonight.

Sweet!!! I may or may not still have you on my friends list, but if not, shoot me a friend request! My Halo time is sporadic at the moment (new baby makes it hard sometimes :P ) but I'm down to play whenever I'm on.

Thanks Dunk...I just sent you a friend request. My play time too is pretty random and it might just be 20-30 minute sessions at a time but I'll take what I can get. At this point, I'm just happy to have a game that other GSers are actively playing so I'm looking forward to party up again.

Pikan Rikan
Gunsmith

Previous

Return to Halo 5: Guardians