Login with a social network:

Vanillaware: Vita's savior?

Place all your discussions in regards to this portable gaming and media playing system here.

Vanillaware: Vita's savior?

Postby Wikilectual » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 am

MURAMASA: REBIRTH is my first absolutely must own for the Ps vita.

Okay first off damn you Wii owners that have kept this gem locked up for so long :lol:
For those that don't know Muramasa: Rebirth is a 2d side scrolling action RPG with some interesting features mixed in. There are two completely different campaigns to play through totally over 20 hours of gameplay ( with a confirmed 4 new dlc campaigns coming) but the combat it where it is at! There are 108 Demon blades to collect in the game, all of which have a unique special ability; it has a hint of pokemon to it. The graphics and animation might be the best in a 2d side scrolling game I have EVER seen! The colors are bright and really pop on the Vita's screen and the secondary animations are top notch; I found myself multiple times taking a break from slashing apart demons to just look at the beautiful backgrounds. My words cannot do the game justice so here's a video!

With all that said Vanillaware will be releasing another game next month that I have been waiting for: Dragon's crown (8/6/2013). And Muramasa: Rebirth has only increased my excitement for it.
Who's getting it?!?
Bring the noise like an onomonopia!
What if oxygen is actually poisonous, and just takes 75-100 years to kill us?!?
Wikilectual
Bandit

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Vanillaware: Vita's savior?

Postby androsity13 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:27 am

Pretty pumped, I should have this in the mail today!
androsity13
WANTED

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby BigBangBear » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:25 am

I ordered the limited edition from amazon and they didn't get enough so it looks like Dragon's Crown may come in around the same time or before Muramasa for me. I have started playing Dragon Fantasy: Book 1 to fill the time until they arrive. Fun game from the PSN store. It is done in the style of the old Final Fantasy games just more humor.

View my Games
BigBangBear
Traveling Elixir Swindler

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 5

Postby androsity13 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:03 am

I got Muramasa on Friday and have put about 6 hours or so into it so far. It is by far the best game i have played on the vita yet. first of all, it's a gorgeous game...all the colors they use for the environment look amazing on the vita's OLED screen. also, the gameplay is fantastic and fun. i can't wait to see what dragon's crown is going to be like but this game has definitely set a high bar for them! :D
androsity13
WANTED

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby BigBangBear » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Are all of you just getting the Vita version of Dragon's Crown or getting the PS3 version too? Right now I just have the Vita version ordered, but if a bunch of GSers get into it on the PS3 side I may decide to pick up the PS3 version too. More and more excited after watching IGN's week of Dragon's Crown not too long ago.

View my Games
BigBangBear

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Wikilectual » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 pm

BigBangBear wrote:Are all of you just getting the Vita version of Dragon's Crown or getting the PS3 version too? Right now I just have the Vita version ordered, but if a bunch of GSers get into it on the PS3 side I may decide to pick up the PS3 version too. More and more excited after watching IGN's week of Dragon's Crown not too long ago.

its not cross-platform play?
Wikilectual
Bandit

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby androsity13 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I only preordered for the vita as well, unfortunately it isn't cross buy. Still super excited for it, 2 more weeks!!!
androsity13
WANTED

Postby Wikilectual » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:23 pm

hmmm that's very surprising to me :shock:
Vita for me considering I don't have a ps3 ;)
Wikilectual
Bandit

Postby BigBangBear » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:43 am

Yeah. I was disappointed it wasn't cross-buy. The PS3 version is a 50 dollars, so I guess they discounted the price of it a bit. Still not as good as cross-buy though. I also don't think the games cross-play, just cross-save.

View my Games
BigBangBear

Return to PSP Vita