Login with a social network:

Tips for Battlefront

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Re: Tips for Battlefront

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:43 pm

Third Person > First Person. I've always preferred third person shooters to first person (Socom, Metal Gear, heck even Splatoon :D ) and in Battlefront it is definitely the view of choice for a ton of folks. You get a better view of what's going on, you can see around corners, and the hip fire is definitely where it's at. Honestly I think if you're playing in FP mode you are at an extreme disadvantage. First person always makes me feel I have tunnel vision :P

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby gspsychedelic » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Ferb wrote:A tip that I found most helpful, interesting, and accurate, is do not aim down the sights in most cases. It provides no accuracy bonus and can cost you precious time against others.
https://youtu.be/F9dbCAucSEw

Crazy right?! :o

That's funny. But since I just started to play I'll give this tip a shot.
About third person I don't now. Being a n00b to console FPS', I'm used to Quake 2, 3, UT 1,2,3, Doom 2,3 on the PC back in the day so for me it feels weird to play this TP. Same as playing GTA V FP.

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC

Postby Hohndo » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 am

I got a couple tips..

Boba Fett is the best hero when you use him at a distance. You could literally keep him for the entire match if played correctly. Han Solo in a similar fashion with his charge shot that can take out fighters with a single hit. Not as useful as Boba, just the next best.

When you pair a shotgun blaster with the Focus Fire card (when activated), it turns the shotgun into a cannon and is basically a one hit kill.

Using the shield on the Millennium Falcon, you can ram Slave 1 to one hit kill the ship and rack up a lot of points. In sure this will get a balance pass later on to do less damage. (The whole game needs a balance pass)
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 5187

Postby gspsychedelic » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:45 pm

Interesting, you might be right about Boba, if you're careful enough not to get your tank blown up. I *think* I did that and saw some explosion on Boba's tank and the guy descended and never used the jet pack after that but he also felt into a war zone and was killed in seconds so... I might be crazy.

I've found that for the Heroes vs Villains if you get Leia and your team is not that great, then the whole shield protection is OP. I did that once and we were basically 2 heroes left against 3 villains, but then I just waited until my team got rid of the 3 villains, inside the shield. Provided from time to time an enemy would get inside the shield and I'd have to take him down, BUT, I kept on using the health ability as well, so, shield + health recovery = OP. But you'll be almost completely defensive and worthless on the attack for your team.

View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Hohndo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:32 am

As long as you can take out Boba in hero battle, Han Solo has no problem dealing with Vader and Emperor
Hohndo
Saloon Keeper

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Discord: 5187

Postby Ferb » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:37 am

Anyone have any tips for flying a flipping TIE fighter? I freaking suck! I'm at least serviceable at the other vehicles, except maybe the X-wing. :lol:

View my Games
Ferb
Stable Hand

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 7
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby HumpiestRocket » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Well I suck at flying too, I've come some way since I first started :) I found that doing a few rounds in the fighter squadron mode helped a lot. Also make sure that you use the lock on feature, which not only works for missiles but also works for the normal guns.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
HumpiestRocket
PC Leader
PC Leader

Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Hir3ling » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Ferb wrote:Anyone have any tips for flying a flipping TIE fighter? I freaking suck! I'm at least serviceable at the other vehicles, except maybe the X-wing. :lol:

Something I didn't know about flying...the d-pad has evasive maneuvers. Up on the d-pad is the best one...it's a u-turn. Left and right are barrel rolls.

Also...for the game in general...the more GS the better. We ran some games where 12 out of the 20 people on our team were GS and boy did we annihilate those poor people. lol

We need to fill a full team one of these days :mrgreen:
XB1-GT: Hir3ling
~Non Compos Mentis~

View my Games
Hir3ling
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

Games: 21
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Gaz_Bot » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:14 pm

I find it hard to break the habit of ads and I will definitely need to try playing 3rd person more often - though I usually sit there admiring the detail of my shiny, white armour. 8-)

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 4

Postby gspsychedelic » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Gaz_Bot wrote:I find it hard to break the habit of ads and I will definitely need to try playing 3rd person more often - though I usually sit there admiring the detail of my shiny, white armour. 8-)

After reading about TP on this very topic, I tried it myself (anyway I only had played for 1 or 2 hours) and it stuck for good. Also I think besides the admiring of you character, it makes perfect sense since some of the maps are very "rocky"; commonly in FPS you are running around flat surfaces, with the occasional stair or bump. On this game, it's crazy the amount of times I've gotten stuck on a rocky surface so it's easier to get out of it or say, plan your landing with the jet pack in TP vs doing it FP.

View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront