Login with a social network:

Tips for Battlefront

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Tips for Battlefront

Postby Babyboythegod » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Ok guys-- Resident shooter here. Going to throw down some tips everyone should be following to boost their enjoyment of this star wars shooter!

first of all- these tips will help out trust me... SO READ CAREFULLY.

pull them off to the letter and dont just try it, Do. Or do not. There is no try.

1. Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them. You think you saw someone coming around that corner? You should already know if they are! Mini Map gives really accurate information so pay attention to it. It will tell you where they are coming from and even how many are there.

2.Shoot first! Once you see someone dont hesitate, dont ask questions. Shoot first. You may be sitting back in your seat with your feet up on the table, but this is no time to relax! Shoot first before he/she has time to react.

3. I’ve got a bad feeling about this. If a situation is looking to good to be true- aka one enemy standing in back seemingly alone- it probably is. He probably has a whole stormtrooper/rebel scum army behind him. Or worse- a hero can be coming through. So listen to your gut because you can turn the corner and find that....

4.Its a trap! Nothing worse then following a guy backing up to find Darth Vaders invisible hand wrapped tightly around your throat.

You started following these tips yet? good. You starting to play a little better?

Great, kid. Don’t get cocky

Just play smart and everything will be ok.

And if you do not think that these will help then......... I find your lack of faith disturbing

Now if you excuse me-- I have to go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters ....

Hohndo wrote:I got a couple tips..

Boba Fett is the best hero when you use him at a distance. You could literally keep him for the entire match if played correctly. Han Solo in a similar fashion with his charge shot that can take out fighters with a single hit. Not as useful as Boba, just the next best.

When you pair a shotgun blaster with the Focus Fire card (when activated), it turns the shotgun into a cannon and is basically a one hit kill.

Using the shield on the Millennium Falcon, you can ram Slave 1 to one hit kill the ship and rack up a lot of points. In sure this will get a balance pass later on to do less damage. (The whole game needs a balance pass)

Some good advice to pass on..

By the way I started this thread mainly just so I can spout out Star Wars quotes. But while doing that I actually started giving some tips that could help. So I am glad it has been taken and added on and hopefully has helped some people. I will try add keep up with this to add more to the front- I do not even own star wars yet and even still am on halo most of the time. But any tips can go a long way so keep the thread alive with anything you may find helps you.
Last edited by Babyboythegod on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Games: 1
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Tips for Battlefront

Postby Hir3ling » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:19 pm

So many different game modes, but this applies to most! Particularly the choke points. There's usually more peeps stacked behind the point man.

And watch the orbital strikes in those choke points/use them if you have them. lol

The mini-map/radar red lines are for hostiles sprinting towards you from that direction. And there's a card you can equip so people won't see you on their map when you sprint. :mrgreen:
XB1-GT: Hir3ling
~Non Compos Mentis~

View my Games
Hir3ling
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 21
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby FargeenBastich » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:01 am

The Pulse Cannon fires when you RELEASE the trigger and will auto fire after it's charge is fully held too long. Blast has been leveling me much faster than other modes. I score more points and they're quicker than Supremacy or Walker Assault.
FargeenBastich
Bartender

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Ferb » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:45 am

A tip that I found most helpful, interesting, and accurate, is do not aim down the sights in most cases. It provides no accuracy bonus and can cost you precious time against others.
https://youtu.be/F9dbCAucSEw

Crazy right?! :o

View my Games
Ferb
Stable Hand

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 7

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 pm

I hate that everything is pointing to benefits of playing this game in third person, I really prefer playing in first person as it just makes the game feel better (more realistic ;) ), but if I am hurting my chances than I guess I may need to reconsider.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby Babyboythegod » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:53 pm

I have played first person. I to prefer first. I can play third. But prefer first
Xbox live- Babyboythegod
PSN- Babyboytheking

Add me and let me know what you play!

https://youtube.com/channel/UClHMA0hVz-5OOAqqaYksNIw

View my Games
Babyboythegod
Rancher

Games: 1
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby coolhandlewke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 pm

even though the benefits are leaning 3rd person my brain processes better in fps. I don't enjoy it as much in 3rd, but I will keep messing with it occasionally to see if it improves. it is pretty dumb that ads doesn't give some advantage.
coolhandlewke
Gambler

Postby FargeenBastich » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:19 pm

I would argue the larger target in ADS provides a benefit.
FargeenBastich
Bartender

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Ferb » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:06 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:even though the benefits are leaning 3rd person my brain processes better in fps. I don't enjoy it as much in 3rd, but I will keep messing with it occasionally to see if it improves. it is pretty dumb that ads doesn't give some advantage.

I found I did MUCH better in 3rd person. It goes against how I'm used to playing these games, but I couldn't argue with the results.

View my Games
Ferb
Stable Hand

Postby Ferb » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:07 pm

FargeenBastich wrote:I would argue the larger target in ADS provides a benefit.

For long distances the larger target does help, but short to mid I'd stick to hip fire.

View my Games
Ferb
Stable Hand

Next

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront