Login with a social network:

Star Wars Battlefront - Good Games!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Star Wars Battlefront - Good Games!

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 am

With the official release of Battlefront, we can start our official Good Games thread. Having missed out on the Beta, I was a bit clueless last night but still had a blast, and we had a full party of 8 playing together which was great as well. I was happy to see that the party system worked really well, getting the full group that was in our party chat into the same game seemed to work each time (though with the smaller game types it was harder to get a group of 8 in at one time), and in most cases we were all put on the same team, though if someone joined later getting them on the team did not always work out as well.

Great games last night to Jasper, Can't, OneTwo, NJDog, Nene, Bradfield, Fargeen, Mayhem and whoever else I am missing that took park in all the fun, and thanks to anyone that helped to explain the card system and give me some idea as to some weapons to pick up. Still a work in process for me (but was fun at the same time), had some really good games and some really bad ones, which is what I expected. I will say that on some maps, it can be hard to identify enemies, and depending on how long people were playing, there are some really powerful weapons out there. Ran a bunch of different MP modes including Supremecy, Drop Zone, Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron and Blast - and I enjoyed all of them - though I tended to get my butt kicked more in Walker and Supremecy probably due to the added number of enemies, not knowing where I was going (and in some cases what I was supposed to be doing) and issues with spotting enemies.

Will probably be splitting time over the next couple weeks between Battlefront and Fallout (with maybe a day a week in Destiny), so if you see me on and want someone to run with, send me an invite or feel free to join in ;)

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Re: Star Wars Battlefront - Good Games!

Postby bdnyy23 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:34 am

Good games last night to OneTwo, Can't, Camaro, Noob, NJ and whoever else I am missing. Sorry I bailed, just got to the point where I felt like I couldn't win a gun fight and was getting so frustrating that I needed a break. Still enjoying the game, but really need to spend some time with my weapons, cards and perks to try to figure out what I should be doing differently. Really frustrating when I am using the same weapon as the enemy, yet it doesn't appear that I am doing any damage yet getting killed by the enemy which seems way too easy. Granted, maybe they are getting head shots vs my body shots, but I can't imagine that everyone else is that much more accurate than I am (wait, who am I kidding, that is probably exactly what it is). Also I need to stop/change my mentality of spawn, run blindly towards the action, kill or be killed and respawn. I also need to try to learn the limitations of the weapons, as some appear to give hit markers from longer distances, but actually do very little damage (at least according to the enemies life meter). Sounds like I need to learn a lot or just keep on playing knowing I suck and enjoy the game ;)

Hope to see you guys on again tonight, trying to continue with Battlefront and Fallout, but if you see me on Fallout and want someone to run with in Battlefront feel free to send me an invite.

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby coolhandlewke » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:57 am

got my 1st action in last night. just a few rounds of tdm to whet the appetite. I have high hopes for this game now. with full access to modes, maps, and perks it feels like there is much more staying power. tdm maps seemed a little confined though, like cod maps with limited paths into the killing zone. hope we can get an xbone following for this. who's playing?
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Starskry » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Hello new here [emoji2] Seen your post on Star Wars HQ. I'm sick of running around getting shot in the back. Love the game "
Looking for organized play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Starskry
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby bdnyy23 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:30 am

Good games last night to Scope, Scars, Mxy, Noob, OneTwo, NJ and Shwan (and anyone else I may have missed). Played a bunch of rounds of Heroes vs Villains which was pretty fun. Still trying to figure out all the controls on the Jedi's and Siths, I know the basics but not really good at mastering their controls (attacks and defense), but it was a good break from the few rounds Walker Assault and Drop Zone that we played. Still trying to find weapons and cards to that work best for me, but really enjoying the game so far, granted I die too much and in gunfights that I should win, but it can only get better (or at least I hope it can only get better ;) ).

View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Postby coolhandlewke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 am

Starskry wrote:Hello new here [emoji2] Seen your post on Star Wars HQ. I'm sick of running around getting shot in the back. Love the game "
Looking for organized play.

whats your platform and time zone starskry. I don't see it in your profile. welcome to gs.
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

Postby coolhandlewke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:15 am

had a blast playing with lawngnomer and burnt on the xbone last night. gnome steered us to heroes vs villians. it is a very fun mode. 3 badasses on each team, along with 3 grunts for support/fodder. capped at 6 I think it will be a good mode to play with parties in the 4-6 range. seems very tactical. you just can't go around tanking when you are luke, cause you're up against other tanks. once you lose a hero you now play with 4 grunts. grunts respawn but heroes don't. I had no clue how to use the various abilities, so it put us at a disadvantage. I am anxious to get back on tonight to learn to use the force. speaking of heroes, yoda has to be in dlc right? who would be the villain to balance him?
is chewie hero worthy?
coolhandlewke
Snake Oil Salesman

Postby Starskry » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome
Ps4
Eastern Time Zone

Starskry
Green Horn

Postby Starskry » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Omg I thought I would just sit and watch a match in Battlefront. They are just chasing each other in circles. Sad but Funny

Starskry
Green Horn

Postby Gaz_Bot » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Good games with CWCVader the last two days! The Force was with us - for some matches, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Gaz_Bot on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

View my Games
Gaz_Bot
Claim Jumper

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 4
Main Platform: PS4

Next

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront