Login with a social network:

Changes from Beta to Final Release for Battlefront

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Changes from Beta to Final Release for Battlefront

Postby BobaFett86 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:13 pm

As we draw closer to the final release on November 17, we wanted to make sure that as much feedback we could address got into the game. We received a lot of community feedback around balancing, party systems, spawns, and vehicles - along with helpful bug reports.

We have made a point to address as many of these items as we could. Let’s have a look at some of the areas we’ve improved thanks to your help.

Partner and Party System

Joining and playing a game of Star Wars Battlefront with friends should be as easy and smooth as possible, and we’ve done several tweaks in this area. For instance, it will be possible to join a friend via the Xbox Friends app, and you’ll also be able to see your party friends in-game (look for green dots on the map) - but you cannot spawn on them.

Spawns

Speaking of spawning, we’ve listened to your feedback on how this was handled on Hoth. Here, we’ve added combat areas that are different for Rebels and Imperials to mitigate spawn camping, and the spawn distances for the two teams have been adjusted on the first uplink.

Vehicles and Weapons

To make your fights as fun and fair as possible, several tweaks to vehicles and weapons have been made. The Cycler Rifle, for instance, has been balanced with bullet drop and slower projectile speed for more deserving kills.

Walkers should be mighty - but not invincible - so weak spots have been added to the AT-AT and AT-ST vehicles. Furthermore, damage balancing is vital for a fair game, and we’ve tweaked this balance for how vehicles, troopers, Star Cards, and ion weapons stand up against each other.

Heroes and Villains

Playing as Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, or any other of the Star Wars Battlefront heroes and villains is something we want to feel truly special, and to achieve this we’ve made several tweaks. Two things we decided to remove were the automatic damage done to heroes over time, and the ability of getting health back when killing enemies. Ultimately, we think this will perfect the power fantasy of playing as these characters.

These are far from all the updates we’ve done thanks to your input, but hopefully they’ll give you an idea on what we’ve been doing to tweak Star Wars Battlefront to make it as enjoyable as possible at launch.

Until next time, I hope to see you on the forums. I thank you for checking out these community updates and look forward to sharing more about Star Wars Battlefront in the near future.

Mathew Everett
Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
@Sledgehammer70

Source: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-beta-feedback-and-game-adjustments

The game isn't even out yet and it seems that they are using player feedback to better the game. This is always a good sign.
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
TagsChange, Star Wars, Battlefront, Beta

Re: Changes from Beta to Final Release for Battlefront

Postby gspsychedelic » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:03 pm

If I decide to get it I just want to play as Vader once, I mean, once is enough, but I guess I have to faster than all the other players to get the power up.

Good thing to hear about the friends/party system. Smooth as in say, GTAO. *cough* MGO *cough*.

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC

Postby V3n0m15 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:47 am

I'm really excited for this game! I'm glad they made adjustments from the Beta input. Unfortunately I was unable to pay the Beta because I was training. It's always nice to see a group of game designers taking pride in their work and trying to make their game the best out can be. I preordered it so once it's available I'll be giving it a go for sure!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
V3n0m15
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:09 am

Some good changes here. The spawn camping never felt like that big of an issue to me except on one area of Hoth, but if it was a problem, I'm glad they fixed it :D Also glad the party system was addressed; sometimes that was just a clusterf#©k :P So stoked for this game on PS4, but so damn sad I have to wait until Christmas to play it ;(

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby gspsychedelic » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:43 am

Why Xmas, because you're getting the PS4 then or...?

Anyway a little off topic here, but I hadn't taken a look at the launch trailer (old now, like 15 days old) and just looking at the Endor map... I said "Ok I'm getting this". I know it sounds stupid but that's sort of what sold me definitely on this game last night.
The idea of fighting on the forest is :love3:

I'm currently playing GTA V, Overwatch, Titanfall 2
View my Games
gspsychedelic
Grave Digger

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 26
Main Platform: PC

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:50 am

Nope, I have the PS4, just when you have two kids in the house who want to give their dad all the cool things for Christmas, fall release games are almost always bought, wrapped up and put under the tree. It sucks because right now I have FIFA, Guitar Hero, Lego Dimensions and host of other games released this fall wrapped up under the tree, and I can't play them until after Christmas :P

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby BobaFett86 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:02 am

dunkaroo69 wrote:Some good changes here. The spawn camping never felt like that big of an issue to me except on one area of Hoth, but if it was a problem, I'm glad they fixed it :D Also glad the party system was addressed; sometimes that was just a clusterf#©k :P So stoked for this game on PS4, but so damn sad I have to wait until Christmas to play it ;(

Yeah the party system needed some love for sure. It was awful trying to get a group in the same match.
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Fed Architect » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:31 am

Unfortunately, I have to go out of town next week, so I won't be on until the next weekend, but I will be there. Oh, on the PS4, by the way. =)
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8

Postby Silus-Wyvern » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Thank god for ea access it may change my mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Twitter: @silus_wyvern

View my Games
Silus-Wyvern
Featured Broadcaster
Featured Broadcaster

Games: 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 2609

Postby killersuave » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:49 am

Silus-Wyvern wrote:Thank god for ea access it may change my mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But in what direction out of curiosity? Good or bad?
XB1: MaxPrimkiller
PC Origin & Steam: MaxPrimkiller2

Mass Effect Andromeda, Battlefield 1, Forza Horizon 3

View my Games
killersuave
Rancher

Games: 3
Discord: 4171

Next

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront