Login with a social network:

Should Walker Assault be changed?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Re: Should Walker Assault be changed?

Postby BattlePsyche » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:01 pm

This is a multiplayer game, not a representation of canonical movie realities. After all, if it was, storm troopers would have a major accuracy handicap and rebels wouldn't have orbital strike - imperials would.

I don't think anything should be balanced according to the movies. I'm not interested in scripted losses - I can watch the movies for that.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby daveskie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:23 pm

BattlePsyche wrote:This is a multiplayer game, not a representation of canonical movie realities. After all, if it was, storm troopers would have a major accuracy handicap and rebels wouldn't have orbital strike - imperials would.

I don't think anything should be balanced according to the movies. I'm not interested in scripted losses - I can watch the movies for that.

Accuracy handicap you say?? ;)

http://youtu.be/EZ2bsg12KkA
daveskie
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby E_Palpatine » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:40 pm

I would say maybe how the uplinks work should be tweaked...maybe not such a long defend time before they're both active....but if you look at Empire Strikes Back...the Empire won. It should be heavy handed on the Empire. If the Rebels win, they should give some extra EXP or an incentive to win.

I wish that vehicle access was not the icon based power up. You should be able to go into a hangar and hop into an A-wing or snowspeeder and go take off to join the fray. I hate how hit or miss that is.
E_Palpatine
Trail Guide

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby burnt_me » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Well it's a team game mode on a game that doesn't support team com's, squads, commanders, spotting etc. They gave the players gestures to coordinate something as important as organizing a team against a point or AT-ST. Naturally it won't be as playable as LESS team oriented game modes.

It's like EA knew it would attract a more casual audience and instead of asking them to brace the more dedicated players, they limit them to conform to the casual star wars fan who last played that star wars dancing game on the 360.

If it needs balancing I say leave it for launch. Wait to see if it's the popular game mode. If so they should try to make it the most enjoyable experience possible. Remember there was many more game modes greyed out in the beta and if they draw the players I want EA focusing on those modes.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

burnt_me
WANTED

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby BattlePsyche » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:48 pm

daveskie wrote:
BattlePsyche wrote:This is a multiplayer game, not a representation of canonical movie realities. After all, if it was, storm troopers would have a major accuracy handicap and rebels wouldn't have orbital strike - imperials would.

Accuracy handicap you say?? ;)

http://youtu.be/EZ2bsg12KkA

That was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby LawnGnomer 6 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:27 am

dunkaroo69 wrote: I tell ya, there is nothing more satisfying than taking one of those bastards down single handedly :D

I managed to grapple one of them with a snow speeder, it was exciting even though we lost the match.

XB1 GT: Lawngnomer 6

Currently Playing:
Halo 5 (xb1)
Star Wars Battlefront (xb1)

Sent from a galaxy (note 3) far far away.... Via Tapatalk.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” ~Terry Pratchett

View my Games
LawnGnomer 6
Microsoft Leader
Microsoft Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7190

Postby sh1ftysNipe » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:51 am

I think they could make a few small tweaks that would even it out... like slightly increasing the amount of rocket launchers or orbital strikes that spawn for the rebels... and decreasing the amount of TIE fighters that spawn for the empire... Small changes like that could have a big impact.

Also moving the one AT AT further away from that cliff so a snowspeeder can actually tow cable it properly would be nice ;) Can't remember how many times I could have taken it down but instead I flew into the cliff during the tow cable animation.
sh1ftysNipe
Green Horn

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Previous

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront