Login with a social network:

Should Walker Assault be changed?

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Should Walker Assault be changed?

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Interesting article I read this morning. Makes sense:

http://www.craveonline.com/culture/910801-star-wars-battlefronts-walker-assault-mode-shouldnt-changed

Now while I agree that Walker Assault strongly favors the Empire, it's not impossible to win as the rebels. In fact, I'm finding that the rebels are winning more and more as the beta progresses. Last night I got an orbital strike near the end of the match and destroyed an AT AT, ultimately winning the game <toots his own horn> and I tell ya, there is nothing more satisfying than taking one of those bastards down single handedly :D

I agree with the part in the article about having all the uplinks belong to the rebels to start with and have the Imperials trying to shut them down. I think that would actually make a lot of sense and would make it more objective based for the Empire rather than a straight up death match.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Should Walker Assault be changed?

Postby BattlePsyche » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:21 pm

It needs to be tweaked. The map design itself doesn't need to be altered. DICE has already stated they're working on it:

http://wccftech.com/ea-dice-acknowledges-battlefronts-walker-assault-imbalance-tweaking-speak/
BattlePsyche
Rancher

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby ironside » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:17 pm

i did enjoy this mode a lot but it was a straight up death match as the odds always seemed to favour the Empire I don't think I had one game where the Rebels won it needs to be tweaked slightly but not much as it has got an awesome feel to it and i like the various ways an ATAT can be taken down its just doing ti i always felt that after a while the rebels just gave up the objective and focused on getting kills to get levelled

ironside
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:18 pm

Two rebel games in a row and both times we won!!! I'm starting to get the hang of flying now and pelting those bastards with rockets is the way to go. Two of us in the sky and one guy with an orbital strike took out one of their walkers at the frist flag. Not sure I want it changed at all now :P We had won the match by the second uplinks, and the Imperials just stood there dazed, not sure weather to shit or go blind!

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ironside » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:24 pm

lol awesome I think thats the way to go with that game if you got a couple of people that are good fliers and the rest just running a good ground assault it evens up the odds if you in with total randoms who don't know how to fly then I think your struggling.

Saying that tho I'm a terrible flyer so i took the direct approach and dropped one of the bad boys by flying into its leg its one way to take it down i like to think i thought outside the box lol and took a little inspiration from the films lol

ironside
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby BattlePsyche » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:58 am

Flight controls are probably the worst in DICE's history though. Maybe I need to pull out my controller and try with that, but it felt just as bad as the on-rails space battles in SWTOR.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

Postby bdnyy23 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 am

Dice has come out and said that there was a balancing issue with the Walker Assault in the Beta, making it extremely difficult for the Rebels to win. Supposed to be addressed in the final release - Hopefully.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/14/9530983/star-wars-battlefront-developer-acknowledges-beta-balancing-issue

ok - you can disregard this, as I see it was already posted - thats what I get for finding an article and thinking it is news to be reported - just another case of day late :(

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Destiny 2
View my Games
bdnyy23
Sony Leader
Sony Leader

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 14

Postby BattlePsyche » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Well, you found one from a more known gaming news source. For whatever reason Google didn't like me and kept up bringing up different unknowns and I was like "lolwut" and posted one that had twitter copy-pastas.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

Postby Mayshar » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:18 am

I think is is really a hard question.

For the casual gamer and just game design, Yes it should be tweaked simply because its too hard to a group of 20 people who arent working together to win. Obvisouly as more people play the game and learn how to do it, it will become much more likely that the rebels will win, but you will still always have people who refuse to PTFO, just like every other game.

On the flip side, the Rebels are SUPPOSED to lose this battle, thats how it really happens. The fact is, if a couple of rebels know what to do, you can win, orbital strikes can take an AT-AT down by itself, plus you can drop BOTH AT-AT's at full health on the last defense with the snow speeders if you have skilled pilots. Those things alone can allow a couple of rebels who know what to do, to win the match for the rebels at the last minute, even if the team was dominated the entire the game. Should it really be made easier to win if they already have instant win conditions available?

Personally, i think it should be left alone for now, see how it works after go live, and then decide if you need tweaks. After people have played the game for a few weeks, experienced the other unlocks and maps, this battle may be just fine.
"Only in complete darkness does one truly see everything." -Mayshar
Battletag-Mayshar#1141
PSN-Mayshar
Mayshar
Bartender

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Highscores: 21

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:04 am

It'll be interesting to see the mode on other maps. Perhaps a place like endor will be nicer to the rebels :P

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront