Login with a social network:

beta thoughts, final verdict pre-order or no

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Re: beta thoughts, final verdict pre-order or no

Postby forgotten247 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:53 pm

I read on IGN earlier today that based on the beta data the developer is making a lot of changes in terms of balancing the teams and adjusting maps for better balance as well.

I liked the survival mode in the beta but not the multiplayer as much and the balancing issue was the biggest problem.

I already preordered it before the beta so I will have it, but unless the balancing issues are fixed I will probably just run through the solo stuff and occasionally join in multiplayer when others on here are playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
forgotten247
Stable Hand

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby gobi42 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:57 am

SmokeYoAss187 wrote:Here we go again. Dont get me wrong, I want to love this game, but the sceptic in me was right again..This is all that I said year ago. not proud of it.

i laughed so hard at this entire video man. it basiclly confirmed everything i was saying about the game after beta. Like you i really wanted to like it, tried really hard. i still plan on buying it, however, i no longer trust EA/DICE to put out a working game at launch that's not riddle with micro transations(i'm looking at you battlepacks). I didn't even realize that they were doing the same basic thing with this game in the forum of animations and instant unlocks. ONce again great video man.
forgotten247 wrote:I read on IGN earlier today that based on the beta data the developer is making a lot of changes in terms of balancing the teams and adjusting maps for better balance as well.

I liked the survival mode in the beta but not the multiplayer as much and the balancing issue was the biggest problem.

I already preordered it before the beta so I will have it, but unless the balancing issues are fixed I will probably just run through the solo stuff and occasionally join in multiplayer when others on here are playing.

I'm sure they said that. how much gets fixed before release day i guess we have to wait and see.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:52 am

I don't get it... What's forcing you to buy the more expensive versions? Buy the base game for the regular price. All the Batman games are 10 bucks more than other games when they release here and they have NOTHING extra added, but they're still awesome. It's just business. You want the instant access stuff and the little animations, pay for it; you don't want it, don't pay for it. I love when people get mad about spending money they don't really need to then blame the company that charged them for it. It's frickin DLC and it's your frickin choice if you want to buy it or not!

I'm not defending EA. They charge outrageous prices for their DLC. And after games like PVZ (an EA game, I know) and Splatoon with free DLC, I think every game should have free DLC. But paid for addon content has been around for a long time and it ain't going anywhere. Why should it? It costs money to make this stuff. Heaven forbid a company try to turn a profit, though.

One thing I've learned playing shooters: it's not the equipment that makes you good; it's what you can do with it. M16 from BF3: starter weapon, still the best damn gun ever!!!

Edit: Black Ops 3 season pass is $49.99. http://store.steampowered.com/app/366843/ No one gives a shit though cuz it doesn't have Star Wars in the name and COD has an amazing 7 hour campaign that justifies spending the money on it </sarcasm>

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby BattlePsyche » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:48 pm

The only DLC that irritates me is for the Sims 4. We all know they're just re-releasing old content with new wrapping but in smaller and smaller doses with higher and higher price tags.

Who's buying this stuff? Come on, confess! I want to know the enablers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh snap I am. Damnit.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Wutsittou » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:56 pm

gobi42 wrote:When I think of star wars games I think of story rich and driven games. Even battlefront 2 had a descent story to it and added to the game. This has no story what so ever. It's bland, feels like a copy cat game and lacks character that defined most star wars.

This and the fact that the beta initially got boring fast. It was hard to tell due to limited content, but my overall impression was meh. I ended up canceling my PC pre-order. I actually preordered from GMG a long time ago and payed with PayPal. They stated they can't refund after 60 days from purchase. Well guess what I did it 90 days from purchase after sending in a support ticket :D.

BTW Dunk, there are a few story driven gamers out there ;) . I played all Battlefield and COD singleplayers before jumping in to MP. I enjoyed them all for what they are.

I worry that eSports will be the reason some of our beloved games will skip out on SP campaigns. They want their shot at becoming THE game that eSports center around.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, Diablo III, Halo 5, Neverwinter: Stronghold
View my Games
Wutsittou
Trail Guide

Games: 25
Discord: 298465

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh I know there are folks who love campaigns. There are some amazing SP games out there. But from the beginning, DICE always said this was an MP game. Look at it this way, if Activision said they would scrap the entire SP from every COD game from here on out, would it affect the majorities decision to put their money on Call of Duty? Same thing with Battlefield: with no SP, would people never play another BF game again? Now reverse that; how popular would either franchise be without a multiplayer element? Would there still be midnight launches for both games? I strongly doubt it.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby BattlePsyche » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm

DICE does terrible singleplayer campaigns anyways. In a way, this is a stroke of mercy.

I hate to mention it, but if you're looking for good singleplayer star wars content, after the latest update to the Old Republic I'd say that's exactly where you can get some. It's not ideal, and it's not Battlefront, but it's the only option out there currently. If you want to blame anyone, blame Disney for not properly investing in their own product line. The new movie could've been a great time to revive all of the series (Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Rebel Alliance, Dark Forces, etc etc), but Disney has been absolutely horrendous in their handling of video game IPs and tend towards killing things rather than building anew.
BattlePsyche
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby gobi42 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:40 am

I Thoma we are getting off topic again guys.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Postby Dougyhowzer » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:49 am

Well I have played every Star Wars game out there , so it's no secret that I'll be getting battlefront for xb1 .

I won't get it day one though . Gonna wait till Boxing Day in Canada . I am however really disappointed that there isn't any space battles .

Some think though that there might be a space combat dlc .

I am not surprised to see any campaign given its a dice game . I like campaigns but it's not the end of the world if it doesn't have it .

Dougyhowzer
Cowpoke

Postby BobaFett86 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:48 pm

dunkaroo69 wrote:Oh I know there are folks who love campaigns. There are some amazing SP games out there. But from the beginning, DICE always said this was an MP game. Look at it this way, if Activision said they would scrap the entire SP from every COD game from here on out, would it affect the majorities decision to put their money on Call of Duty? Same thing with Battlefield: with no SP, would people never play another BF game again? Now reverse that; how popular would either franchise be without a multiplayer element? Would there still be midnight launches for both games? I strongly doubt it.

I totally agree here. Not only this but something people don't realize is that the Star Wars Original Trilogy is so well known and has been used in the older battlefronts already. It would just be a rehash and feel cheap in my opinion. The only way they could make it interesting is if they had "secret missions that fit between the movies making way for new story content but alas they need approval for that. Too much hassle. I really enjoyed the beta, and have enjoyed a lot of the twitch footage recently seeing the new game modes. I will not be disapointed because I played walker assault over and over again for several hours in the beta and kept wanting more. Tight mechanics/gameplay, graphics are stunning, and its fun.
BobaFett86
Cowboy Bebop

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Previous

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront