Login with a social network:

Battlefront Beta, October 8th

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, the Gunslingers raid the Star Wars Battlefront servers together! Discuss the game and swap contacts here!

Re: Battlefront Beta, October 8th

Postby gobi42 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:18 am

I only played for a little bit yesterday. While yes it does look amazing and runs smooth on my rig. But in this day and age all games should look amazing so that really isn't a selling point. I'm also a huge star wars fan, however the pvp has almost killed the game for me. Horrible hit dection, kill trading and getting one showed by pistols from across the map. The last game I played pouch and I were two of the top award winners however we we both stupid negative. Yet the guy I keep getting hit markers on had the most kills. Even had him dead to rights with only the top of his head showing 4 hit markers later and I ended up dead. The survival was fun but not worth pre-ordering the game. I'll give it more of a shot this weekend but so far it's looking like a sale buy for me.

I'm currently playing Division, Dying Light, GTA V, Gears of War 4, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda, Titanfall 2, Gears of War 4
View my Games
gobi42
PC Leader
PC Leader

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 53
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420

Postby bessiq » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am

Kinda in agreement about the PvP. I was shooting someone point blank in the face and their health just wasn't moving, no shield. Then I just get one shot most the time from regular blaster pistols? I know it's just beta, but the game is live in a month. I get a feeling not much major tweaking will happen, but I'd love to be wrong.

I like the idea of the card loadouts and love Star Wars to death, but not sure if I will be preordering this. If it had a solid single-player campaign then maybe, but seems more focused on multiplayer right now. I have too many games all up in my face right now anyway, so sacrifices must be made!

I'm currently playing Overwatch
View my Games
bessiq
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 7104

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 am

It's strange... I hear so many people complain about this game, saying it's buggy, poor frame rate, poor hit detection, etc, etc, and it makes me wonder if folks are playing the same game as me :P Aside from server issues on XB1, I've literally had no problems with this game at all. On PC, it's running at a consistent 110 fps. I've shot people and had all my shots register. I don't recall ever getting one shotted, except by the sniper rifles. I've taken damage from falling in pits and had people kill me when I climbed out, but thats my stupid fault. Kill trading hasnt been an issue for me either. I remember how bad it was/is in BF, but I've yet to have this with Battlefront. Just really weird that it works for some and not for others. Still preordering, still lovin it :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby bessiq » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:38 am

dunkaroo69 wrote:It's strange... I hear so many people complain about this game, saying it's buggy, poor frame rate, poor hit detection, etc, etc, and it makes me wonder if folks are playing the same game as me :P Aside from server issues on XB1, I've literally had no problems with this game at all. On PC, it's running at a consistent 110 fps. I've shot people and had all my shots register. I don't recall ever getting one shotted, except by the sniper rifles. I've taken damage from falling in pits and had people kill me when I climbed out, but thats my stupid fault. Kill trading hasnt been an issue for me either. I remember how bad it was/is in BF, but I've yet to have this with Battlefront. Just really weird that it works for some and not for others. Still preordering, still lovin it :D

Yeah I dunno, I played right at launch yesterday and it was fine briefly then went downhill. If I shoot someone in the face six times at arm's length, they should lose at least SOME health, yeah? Unless there's some invisible invincibility shield I am unaware of? Just one instance of weirdness I encountered. I can't even get in today so I don't know what it's like. I go to multiplayer and it just loads forever.

I'm sure some of the PvP stuff will be addressed, bugs will get ironed out, etc., but still not sure I want to drop $60 to basically do a handful of PvP maps dressed as a Star Wars character. There needs to be more game for me to spend that kind of money. But I can see how this "mostly PvP with a dash of single player" style appeals to fans of CoD, BF, etc.

Maybe I'll give it whirl on PS4 later and see if I like it more.

I'm currently playing Overwatch
View my Games
bessiq
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (0)
Discord: 7104

Previous

Return to Star Wars: Battlefront