Login with a social network:

Underwater Levels?

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Underwater Levels?

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Has anyone successfully created a great underwater level? I started making one but just can't come up with anything cool. All the physics are off (duh, it's underwater, Dunk!) and things just dont work properly. I really need some inspiration. If you've made one, recently played one, or have any cool ideas, let me know :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Underwater Levels?

Postby bessiq » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:06 pm

From what I've seen, I think all underwater levels are required to be narrow spike mazes aimed at making the experience like Flappy Bird on steroids.

One of my first SMM levels was underwater but I wouldn't necessarily call it good. I think underwater levels are still the bane of any game's existence.

I'm currently playing Overwatch
View my Games
bessiq
Stable Hand

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 7104

Re: Underwater Levels?

Postby Balki » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:55 pm

I never enjoyed water levels. Out of the 34 courses I have made so far only one has a water section and it has been given the most stars of all my courses(Sir Mario The Great: PART ONE - D604-0000-0055-78C3). I am planning on a water course very soon. I will keep the water in the secondary section so ppl can't see that there's water in the thumbnail. :P

View my Games
Balki
Nintendo Leader
Nintendo Leader

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 2
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1534

Return to Super Mario Maker