Login with a social network:

Anyone know what the deal is?

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Anyone know what the deal is?

Postby Crinklepouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:20 pm

All the levels created before 9/15 that I'm positive I gave stars to are un-starred on my end... Like so:

And I have the option to star them again I think... I still show up in the list of people who have starred it:

If you're around Dunk, let me know... I'm going to star your level again and see if it goes up to 4 stars. Anyone know what the deal is? Just a glitch, or are we allowed to star levels again after a certain time period?

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 43
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 9782

Re: Anyone know what the deal is?

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:32 pm

It says you starred my course and all the stars add up on my end :P Not sure what's going on. I've starred most of your courses. Are mine showing up on your end? Like the birthday mario one I know I starred for sure. Even commented.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Crinklepouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:34 pm

Yeah received ones are all fine, just looks like I didn't star other people's for some reason. If the total stars don't go up to 4 on that level before someone else stars it, that means my 2nd star doesn't count. Would be nice to know so I don't waste time re-starring lol

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Crinklepouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Just glad the ones that look disappeared still count

View my Games
Crinklepouch

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Quit and restarted, it's now showing 4 stars, even though it only says 3 people starred it

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Crinklepouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:39 pm

Isn't that weird as shit?

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

View my Games
Crinklepouch

Postby Merky Water » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:04 am

Weird but might be by their design. I know in Tipping Stars, after a certain amount of time, you can tip again for a level you already played. If i remember correctly though, the player (not the creator) doesn't earn any more stars for completing a stage they already mastered.

Odd though as this will skew the actual standings of a level design in Mario Maker (unlike the 'yeah' rankings in Tipping Stars)

While I LOVE this game, I do hope we get an update soon that will correct level standings. (...as well as add that miiverse "start" button next to "yeah" that Tipping Stars has so I can stop typing codes!!! #dearnintendo )

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Return to Super Mario Maker