Login with a social network:

Crappy levels are NOT ruining Super Mario Maker

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Crappy levels are NOT ruining Super Mario Maker

Postby dunkaroo69 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Nice little article from Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/crappy-levels-are-not-ruining-super-mario-maker-1731128413

You'll never find anyone more against the sudden surge of "impossible" levels than me, but there will always be those jerks who insist on making the hardest levels imaginable by cramming as many bad guys, obstacles and sadomasochistic moments into a course as they can muster. Let them make their levels that no one will play. As long as we keep starring and commenting on the good and even great levels out there, then the cream will eventually rise to the top :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Crappy levels are NOT ruining Super Mario Maker

Postby Crinklepouch » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:24 pm

A) I completely agree, they're frustrating and stupid (Mario Maker Bingo: http://mariomakerbingo.bitballoon.com/#/bingo/BINGO) but there are PLENTY of great levels out there. And hard doesn't equal bad, when a course is hard but well-designed it's still a good course. I still love the game, skipping is easy and I like giving out stars to good levels. Plus chaos is part of the experience!

B)

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 43
Blog: View Blog (8)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-
Discord: 9782

Postby Squiglet » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:00 am

Does my course fall into this category?

:(
Squiglet
Rancher

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Crinklepouch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:01 am

Yours is frustrating but at least you designed it with some rhyme and reason and not 'lol death'

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

I'm currently playing Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
Crinklepouch

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 43
Blog: View Blog (8)
Discord: 9782

Return to Super Mario Maker