Login with a social network:

Today's Amiibo Shopping!

A Nintendo Sub Section just for GS* creators of Super Maker Stages. Everyone is welcome to create a topic dedicated to all their creations so fellow 'slingers can support them! Please keep to one Maker topic for each person. Also, remember to provide a link to it on the Master List!

Today's Amiibo Shopping!

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:44 pm

So I did some serious Amiibo Shopping today. I had to get two of the original 8 bit Marios (so I could open one and see what magical powers he unlocks; so far it's just a giant mushroom :P ) as well as the red and blue mario (which I found at Walmart of all places; still in shock), and as soon as I found those I had to hunt down the others that were released today :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: Today's Amiibo Shopping!

Postby Merky Water » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:26 pm

The 8bit marios and Ganondorf eluded me. But did notice that Inkling Girl, Pacman and Toad are back and in force!

On the hunt, I came across yet another gamestop employee(not at my local store since I try to avoid them) who was bragging to me how he got 4 each of today's amiibo releases that he plans to throw up online for sale tonight. ...Yet the store had all of one Olimar left of the new ones. It was still there when I left as I had already snagged him at Bestbuy earlier. This was the first store I noticed Inkling Girl back in stock so I pounced on her ...despite giving that punk the sale. At least he looked ridiculous in his plastic construction hat with an off-center "M." So the store stipulates their headgear today... but doesn't regulate their scalping habits.

On a good note, Kudos to TRU. While I would have loved to buy a second Zero Suit Samus and Bowser Jr., it was good to see a store sticking to their guns on the "one per customer"

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083
Tagsamiibo woes

Postby ironside » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:41 am

Do amiibos work with the 2DS and what do you use them for and with which games?

ironside
Outlaw

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Merky Water » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:44 am

ironside wrote:Do amiibos work with the 2DS and what do you use them for and with which games?

Amiibo work out of box with your Wii U and the "New" 3DS. There will be an adapter available for purchase for the former 3DS and 2DS October 2nd (in NA and UK at least)

What amiibo's bring to the game very much depends on the game. There's a good compatibility chart here: http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

For exactly what they bring to a particular game, you may want to search the titles as I only know those I have. But, a few examples:
In MK8, a quick, one time amiibo scan will provide a racing suit for your Mii to wear depending the compatible character.
So she clearly has the Fox McCloud amiibo while her competition has Kirby and a few other lucky souls found Cpt Falcon.

In Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy + the amiibo support dishes out some cool skins for your planes and cool planes in general:

Other games require more constant scans but dish out rewards or features everytime. Hyrule Warriors pays out some fair items to craft with or rupees or(if an amiibo residing in Hyrule, some nasty weaponry!) Smash allows you to build opponents/allies much more clever than the AI the boxed game provides. Cpt Toad:TT allows for a reason to revisit levels you've already completed to go back and seek out the hidden 8bit Toad every scan.

What the amiibos bring to each game is often minor flare. But the cool draw to me(apart from some awesome physical looks of the amiibos themselves) is the fact I'll get these minor payouts in every compatible game currently out and into the foreseeable future! The drawback to them is some are incredibly hard to find... and I won't pay the ridiculous scalper prices.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Postby Crinklepouch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
Crinklepouch
SNES MK Time Trial Champion & Last COD:Reflex Survivor

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 44
Blog: View Blog (8)
Discord: 9782

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm

lol I think I actually have more Amiibos than him :P

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crinklepouch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

dunkaroo69 wrote:lol I think I actually have more Amiibos than him [emoji14]

Do you open them like him?

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

View my Games
Crinklepouch

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Crinklepouch wrote:Do you open them like him?

I use my teeth ;)

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crinklepouch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Nice! Get that new amiibo flavor

View my Games
Crinklepouch

Return to Super Mario Maker