Login with a social network:

No Cross Network Play from Sony :(

Come and share your views with other members about the PS4, PS3, and the Vita here.

No Cross Network Play from Sony :(

Postby dunkaroo69 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm

No matter how you look at it, this is just sad for all gamers.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch

I mean, who doesn't want to play with their friends that are gaming on a different platform. I think, as a whole, this is what the entire gaming community always wanted: a way for Sony players to play with Xbox and PC and Nintendo players. How cool would it be later on down the road to be able to play Battlefield on your PS4 and join a match with your friends on their Xbox?

Being as diverse a group as we are, I have friends from every platform. One unifying network experience would be just incredible. I think this could actually be the next big leap for multiplayer gaming.

For shame, Sony, for shame!!!

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: No Cross Network Play from Sony :(

Postby McMurphy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Yeah, I think Sony deserves the bad Press. It would have been epic if we---all Gunslingers on any platform---could have had some Frosty Pints action for Rocket League on a community level. It would have been the first time, ever.

That said, this seems like the move all companies do if they feel they are in first place during a generational platform war. I believe that Microsoft did something similar last generation with the Xbox360 regarding the game, Defiance. The developers for the game really pushed to make it happen, but Microsoft was the hold out in that scenario that killed the deal.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, DOOM, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
View my Games
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (4)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674

Re: No Cross Network Play from Sony :(

Postby HeadshotPenguin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

The PS "conference" was as impressive as being hit in the face with a wet dishcloth.

It was all "This year it's all about the games"... Basically nothing amazing...

View my Games
HeadshotPenguin
Bartender

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 16
Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8670

Return to Sony