Login with a social network:

PlayStation 4 Pro: anyone picking it up?

Come and share your views with other members about the PS4, PS3, and the Vita here.

PlayStation 4 Pro: anyone picking it up?

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:38 pm

I got mine preordered. Just wondering if anyone else is getting one? Yeah, I know it has no 4K bluray drive, but all my 4K movies are streamed online anyway, so no big deal. I just want to play Uncharted 4 maxed out :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Re: PlayStation 4 Pro: anyone picking it up?

Postby pyro117 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:18 am

No 4K TV - yet so no plans on getting a PS4 pro at the moment.

However, with the PS4 slim removing the optical port and I have an Astro A50 gaming headset... If/When my current PS4 dies, I will have no choice but to buy a PS4 pro.
pyro117
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby HARD_TARG3T_83 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 pm

No plans to pick up a ps4 pro not only do I not own a 4k TV but I have not really played much at all on my ps4 since getting a gaming pc and similar to pyro I have astros a40's tho so should I decide to get rid of my ps4 because I don't really play it much at the moment and in future I decide I want to come back I would have the same issue and would have to pick up a pro for the digital optical port if nothing else

I'm currently playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2
View my Games
HARD_TARG3T_83
Cowboy

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Games: 12
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 9602

Postby dunkaroo69 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Just to clarify, the Pro will support 1080p as well as 4K. So those who haven't made the jump to 4K yet will still get a huge graphic boost.

I game a lot on my PC, and can game very comfortably at ultra graphics and well over 60fps, but 4K can be a problem. Division looks amazing at 4k, but in some intense battles I dip below 30fps. Scale the resolution back a bit and I'm always over 60 fps. Also, and this is a big one, as great as my PC is, I can't share all my games with my son on PC like I can on console. Me and my son enjoy the same games and when you want games like Battlefield 1 or Watchdogs 2, or even Overwatch, you can't share them. The only way my son can play it is if I buy him a separate copy. As cheap as PC games are, buying two is just rediculous so I might as well buy one copy on console and not have to worry about game sharing.

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Fed Architect » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:51 am

I have no plans on getting the Pro. Nothing about it really makes me want it. I don't even have plans to get the "Scorpio", or whatever it will be called from Xbox when it comes out. I am considering getting one of the Xbox One slim bundles, though, and selling my PC. Still up in the air on that one. :D
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8

Postby sleepallday » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:10 am

I'm getting one but only because my PS4 has started sounding like a jet taking off and there seems to be a poltergeist who keeps pushing the eject button. I might as well dump it on Gamestop while it's still on life support.
sleepallday
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Zaptear » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 am

I'm getting one just to get one no 4K tv yet

View my Games
Zaptear
Green Horn

1 year of membership

Games: 2
Discord: 1712

Postby BohicaSnafu47 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 pm

I picked one up and don't regret it. The fact it runs on a faster wifi channel was enough for me.

View my Games
BohicaSnafu47
2013 Chat Trivia Champion
2013 Chat Trivia Champion

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 61
Discord: 9706

Return to Sony