Login with a social network:

PS Plus Subscription Price Increasing.

Come and share your views with other members about the PS4, PS3, and the Vita here.

PS Plus Subscription Price Increasing.

Postby Odin001 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:37 am

Oh how lovely.

Sony has announced PlayStation Plus membership prices will rise to $59.99 for 12 months and $24.99 for three months. The price of the monthly plan will remain at $9.99. The new pricing will go into effect on September 22.

Good job Sony.

I'm currently playing Minecraft, Rocket League, Monster Hunter World
View my Games
Odin001
Outlaw

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Games: 47
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 1307

Re: PS Plus Subscription Price Increasing.

Postby Odin001 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:38 am

Why did it double post? lol. Admin, help? :P

View my Games
Odin001
Outlaw

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:12 am

Well that sucks. Just when I was considering the pros and cons of xbox vs ps4 too. Already paying out the ass for XB Live, now I have to do the same for PS4. Absolutely stupid decision on Sony's part. Outright greed is all that is. Three years at the same price and suddenly it's not enough???!!! Give me a break you greedy bastards! 70 bucks in Canada! FYI, Xbox Live is still 60

PS: Odin, I deleted the double post ;)

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby sleepallday » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 am

I'm seriously considering going back to Xbox when the Scorpio comes out. I had an X1 but sold it because I couldn't see the point of having 2 systems and paying 2 subs. I kind of wish I hadn't since MS have done a lot to improve the X1 with regular updates. Then there's backwards compatibility which is killer, because I've got a fair amount of digital games on my Xbox account and would love to play RDR again.
sleepallday
Stable Hand

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby Fed Architect » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am

Glad mine just renewed at the older price. Guess I will either find a discount like you could always find with the XBL subscriptions (never paid more than $35 for that), if not, I guess I will go 100% PC. I know you can't do that, Dunk, because of the whole sharing thing, which sucks. :/
Xbox Live Fed Architect
PSN Fed_Architect
Steam: Fed_Architect
Twitter: @Fed_Architect
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FedArchitect

View my Games
Fed Architect
Jesse James

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 8

Postby pyro117 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Not happy at the price increase, but I usually get 10 bucks off the yearly price in June at Best Buy. Did that again this year. I would assume there will be a $10 off before the price increase. I am thinking about picking up another year with that. BTW, the years do stack so you can actually do that.

Honestly, with most exclusive games going "console exclusive" - PC is looking better an better. I have been a console only gamer since PS2 era, but those days seem to be numbered with all these decisions...
pyro117
Undertaker

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Yeah, if I could go full PC I definitely would. I still may go full PC and share the account with my son for things like Ubisoft, Blizzard and EA. It'll hurt my KD (although my son is getting better at MP, so it actually may improve it) but I stopped caring about that kind of crap a long time ago :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Odin001 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:37 am

I've pretty much have gone full PC at this point, even before the announcement of the increase in pricing. I still find it ridicules that we have to pay for the "online" features for console. It honestly should be free! My PS plus ends in Oct, and I doubt I'll renew. I guess it really depends on how BF1 does on console.......maybe.

I'm going to play the beta on both systems PC and PS4 to check what I think overall. I know the PC version will look amazing, but I do enjoy running with many slingers on PS4.

Overall, like Dunk stated. This was just a greedy move by Sony wanting more money and they know most people will just blindly accept it. Really is a shame.

View my Games
Odin001
Outlaw

Postby DUNDEAL » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:35 am

Never paid more then $30 for plus or live so I'm sure all those sites that sell codes will still have them on the cheap.
DUNDEAL
Bandito

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:57 pm

FYI for all my Canadian GS brethren, Costco has cards on sale for $45 bucks. If you're looking to renew before the 22nd it's a good place to get em. I picked up two so I'm good until 2018 :D

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Sony