Login with a social network:

Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Announced!

Team up with your fellow Inkslingers in some online battles in this Switch sequel for Splatoon!

Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Announced!

Postby Merky Water » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:31 pm

So, the Switch hasn't even hit store shelves yet but, that's not stopping Nintendo from telling us what's in store! Yet another bonus for those able to secure a system early

Nintendo has not yet narrowed down the full game's release date from "Summer 2017" but, a testfire in late March would point to sooner rather than later. If you recall, the testfire for the original Splatoon occurred just over two weeks before it's release. So, when does "Summer" really begin to the pen holders at Nintendo?

source

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water
Nintendo Leader and Yoshi Champion

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 42
Highscores: 2
Blog: View Blog (5)
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6083

Re: Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Announced!

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:21 pm

This is great news. I remember playing the original test fire and it only made me want Splatoon that much more. So glad it's happening again :D

As for a release, didn't the original come out in May... yup, according to the googles, it did. I wonder if May counts as summer in Japan??? If so, and if it was released in roughly the same time frame, that'd be frickin fantastic :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Scavenger » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 am

Looking forward to it, I'm going to attempt to join as many of those short sessions as possible.

View my Games
Scavenger
Cattle Rustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Merky Water » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Heads up, Testfire's up on eShop for download just so we're all ready for next week when the lights kick on.

https://twitter.com/MerkyH2O/status/842246020037718017

https://twitter.com/MerkyH2O/status/842247425171505152

I'm currently playing Battlefield 1, ARMS, DOOM, FAST rmx, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Rocket League, Splatoon 2, Need for Speed: Most Wanted
View my Games
Merky Water

Postby dunkaroo69 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am

Sweet, thanks Merky. Gonna download it right away :D

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ironside » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:04 am

I got my version downloaded and I'm ready to go lol

ironside
Outlaw

Blog: View Blog (2)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby McMurphy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Me, too!
McMurphy
Site Admin
Site Admin

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Games: 68
Blog: View Blog (4)
Discord: 3674

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:06 am

Anyone get a chance to play yet? I couldn't hop on yesterday, but I'll be on today for the 12-12:59 pt on and (hopefully) for the 8-8:59 pm one too :D

View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Merky Water » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:06 am

So far, I'm three for three. Not looking likely I'll make the one this afternoon but will definitely be on this evening. Will I wake up early on a day off again tomorrow? Jury is out ...but there is a lot of fun to be had.

I'm even more anxious to hear when Splatoon 2 will be released. We were talking about some tweaks we'd like to see in the game on Discord voice chat last night. Namely, to allow for both motion aiming and stick aiming at the same time for best precision. But, on the whole, the game seems near done. Not sure they'll want to trump MK8Deluxe to release this in April but May or early June seems like a very real possibility. Hoping we hear some concrete word at the close of this event

View my Games
Merky Water

Postby Scavenger » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:45 am

Merky Water wrote:So far, I'm three for three. Not looking likely I'll make the one this afternoon but will definitely be on this evening. Will I wake up early on a day off again tomorrow? Jury is out ...but there is a lot of fun to be had.

I'm even more anxious to hear when Splatoon 2 will be released. We were talking about some tweaks we'd like to see in the game on Discord voice chat last night. Namely, to allow for both motion aiming and stick aiming at the same time for best precision. But, on the whole, the game seems near done. Not sure they'll want to trump MK8Deluxe to release this in April but May or early June seems like a very real possibility. Hoping we hear some concrete word at the close of this event

Late may or early june would be a blessing for me. Other people are anticipating july/august and even another testfire before it comes out.

Speaking of, the testfire almost seemed region locked for me, didn't see a japanese symbol during my sessions at all.
But I heard there were a better mix the first session, does that mean they gave up on the whole global concept because it got too bad?

I had a blast with the testfire though, no problems at all, although I was gunned down by a guy I had killed a second earlier once, nice delay there.
I'm impatiently waiting for a release date, but it seems far off for me.

View my Games
Scavenger
Cattle Rustler

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Games: 13
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Splatoon 2