Login with a social network:

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : Sometime in 2015

Relive your Halo memories with your fellow space cowboys here!

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : 1/23/2015

Postby dunkaroo69 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Got an email from MS thanking me for my interest in the MCC Beta. Select candidates have been chosen, blah blah blah. Guess I didn't get in :( Anyone notified that they got in to the beta?

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Crof2003 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:34 am

Dunk, I've gotten that speech before. "Oh, you like me that way? Im sorry, I see us as just friends but nothing more... And I already asked a few 1,000 other guys on a date for this weekend"
Gamertag - Crof2003

Multipalyer Games: Forza, Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Battlefield 4
Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Blog: View Blog (0)
Main Platform: -Not Specified-

Postby dunkaroo69 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Crof2003 wrote:Dunk, I've gotten that speech before. "Oh, you like me that way? Im sorry, I see us as just friends but nothing more... And I already asked a few 1,000 other guys on a date for this weekend"

haha... not gonna lie, I felt really used after I read that message from MS :P And I had to take a cold shower afterwards too :shock:

I'm currently playing Destiny 2, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, The Division, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty WWII, Titanfall 2
View my Games
dunkaroo69
Site Admin
Site Admin

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Games: 45
Highscores: 1
Blog: View Blog (1)
Main Platform: XboxOne

Postby Havoc2049 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:56 pm

^^^^
Lol

Don't worry, I was told yes and then showed up for the date, only to be stood up. :faint:

343i is in soooorrryy shape and definitely needs new leadership. It is like a clown show over there these days. What studio announces a beta early in the week and then the day of the beta delay it. Wow...total incompetence.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Postby Crof2003 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 am

It really sounds like it could be a case of upper management deciding on deadlines for items XYZ and not listening to their staff who say "it won't be ready by then".

The management (assuming that because they say something will get done by date X it will) then starts the marketing teams on social media and other marketing pushes about how "XYZ will be ready by date X, so check it out!".

date X comes and, what a surprise, XYZ isn't ready - just like the people working directly on it said it wouldn't be.

Or maybe there are other problems... Who knows!
Gamertag - Crof2003

Crof2003
Undertaker

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby Crof2003 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 am

Sooooiooooooooo...... This update is now dead?.....

Haven't heard anything from 343i since Friday
Gamertag - Crof2003

Crof2003
Undertaker

Postby Havoc2049 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 pm

:shrug:

They said it might hit mid-week, probably Wednesday. After publicly humiliating themselves, they didn't give a hard date this time.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

Postby Crof2003 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:58 am

There is no longer a single mention of it on the dashboard preview app, which was to be the place where they would keep us up to date on news about this.

I wonder if the whole "beta" testing of the update is dead. Maybe it'll just be a normal update for everyone. (Not saying that's a bad thing, just throwing around guesses since they are being silent again)
Gamertag - Crof2003

Crof2003
Undertaker

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : Sometime in 201

Postby Havoc2049 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:42 pm

I changed the title of the thread... :|

There is finally some more info....it sounds like the beta may still be on and 343i is still working on a major update and overhaul to the matchmaking system.

Continued improvement to the MCC experience remains our top priority as a studio. Work on our upcoming content update focuses on three major areas:
◾Matchmaking search time
◾Match search success
◾Lobby / Party Functionality

Fundamental changes to these systems will improve the overall experience while also allowing us to address additional issues such as title-specific hit registration, matchmaking ranking, and beyond. As this update contains the biggest changes to the Matchmaking system yet, we’ve identified that additional time and testing is required, and we are currently evaluating both timing and need for a CU beta with the Xbox One Preview program, as well as the final public release date in February. We’ll continue to provide the latest updates here on Waypoint.

343i also posted some more info on a playlist update in February as well.

As the dev team works on the above content update and beyond, the playlist team continues to work on upcoming experiences, including featured playlists, updates to existing playlists (available game types, voting options, etc), and more. In the near future, we are aiming to release Team Snipers and an objective-only playlist as featured playlists, and also converting the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist into a cross-game Rumble Pit playlist. We know Team Doubles remains at the top of many wish lists, and it remains at the top of ours as well, but we need to resolve some team creation issues before we can deploy it. So it’s on hold for now, and these fixes are being slotted into content updates. As always, we’ll keep an eye on playlist data to determine what stays, what goes, and what’s next.

I like Rumble Pit, but playing the same four H2A maps over and over again gets old, so I'm glad they are updating it.
Havoc2049
Cattle Rustler

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta : Sometime in 201

Postby The13thMonkey » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 am

Beta is officially dead and testing will now be handled internal.

Hmmmm. I hope this is handled better than the internal "testing" they did before launch.

View my Games
The13thMonkey
Butcher

Games: 1

Previous

Return to Halo: Master Chief Collection